Wrong OS Grid ref for G/SC-013 Nine Barrow Down -

The published Grid ref, SX 007811, for this summit places it on the Cornish coast around 10km North of Wadebridge and the link to OS Get-a-map does the same. The Google map finds it correctly, between Corfe Castle and Swanage, which is SZ 007811. I thought at first that my copy of the data was incorrect but it seems to be in the original on-line version.

Not really much of a problem, but I suppose it might be corrected sometime.

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thank you mentioning this on here. The grid reference for Nine Barrow Down G/SC-013 is as you pointed out SZ 007811 not SX 007811. The grid reference in the G ARM for Nine Barrow Down G/SC-013 is correct, but in the Google docs file Nine Barrow Down G/SC-013 has the wrong grid reference. I have now correct the grid reference in the Google docs file for Nine Barrow Down G/SC-013 and the correct grid reference should soon appear in the SOTA database, SOTA website and SOTAwatch for Nine Barrow Down G/SC-013.

Jimmy M3EYP
G-Association Manager

In reply to M3EYP:

Jimmy,

What a speedy response; many thanks and keep up the good work.

Rod

On a similar subject. The Google Map and other coords in the Database for G/SE-005 Botley Hill are wrong. The summit reference point was changed but the database doesn’t seem to have caught up.

Hi Colin,

The grid reference for Botley Hill G/SE-005 appears to be correct in the G ARM, the SOTA database, the SOTA website and SOTAwatch. I’m sure it is the latitude and longitude for Botley Hill G/SE-005 that is wrong.

Jimmy M3EYP
G-Association Manager

For G/SE-005 the longitude seems to be wrong, Streetmap says that TQ387551 should be:

Lat (WGS84) N51:16:43 (51.278606)
Long (WGS84) W0:00:43 (-0.012068)

Stewart

In reply to M3EYP:

The grid reference for Botley Hill G/SE-005 appears to be correct in
the G ARM, the SOTA database, the SOTA website and SOTAwatch. I’m sure
it is the latitude and longitude for Botley Hill G/SE-005 that is
wrong.

What I see wrong is that when I click the Google map link on the G/SE-005 page it gives me a map with the green arrow at the eastern end of the ridge near the trig point (the old location). It needs fixing so that the green arrow is at the west end near the water towers (the new location).

When I click the Google Map Link for G/SE-005 it takes me to a point on the edge of a wood just south of a mast which has a large car parking area nearby.

The TQ Grid reference appears to refer to a location that is nearer the water Tower and the other Masts (which on Google Earth is the Lat/Long I posted Earlier).

Stewart

In reply to G0LGS:

Yes, the summit ref point was moved (see the changes list in the assoc ref manual) from the first loc you mention to the second.