WPX CW Contest today/tmw

In case you didn’t know, or you haven’t switched on your radio yet, this weekend is the CQWW WPX Contest which may make things difficult on the non-WARC HF bands for SOTA operators. It is one of the biggest contests in the calendar this one.

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes

Tends to make things difficult even on the WARC bands because of all the non-contestant refugees, too.

It does, however, provide quite a bit of data about which bands are actually open. :wink:

You’ll have to switch to SSB for this one weekend Phil! :disguised_face:
As you say, this WPX contest is the CW one (the, just as hectic, SSB WPX contest was already in March).
Mind you, the DX prospects at the moment may not be very good

Credit: Solar flares | SpaceWeatherLive.com

73 Ed.

1 Like

FB Ed and Rick.

Having said that just had no problem working Kurt @HB9AFI on 14063, albeit Kurt has about the best ears in the business and I have a variable bandwidth 300 Hz roofing filter to help avoid the QRM…

73 on this Bank Holiday weekend, which will be a mix of Chasing SOTA and DIY at home for me…

Phil G4OBK

1 Like

I just realized that there is a CW contest going on when I was on the mountain (DM/RP-397) and switched on the radio. I did not even try to make a call, and immediately switched to 30m in CW and worked SSB on the contest bands.

Was great to work you Phil, G4OBK on 30m this morning. Have a nice weekend. I will be heading to Ireland next week and hope that I will make some SOTA contacts on the mountains.

Chris DL1GKC

2 Likes

Good to hear from you Chris. I would like to go back to Ireland and so some more summits. I’ve only done a handful of summits there. Have a good holiday OM.

73 Phil

Indeed! That’s us for the time being.
Ken

1 Like

Hi Phil,

Fortunately no problem today :wink:
Tomorrow next test by SP15OTA :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

Today I chased many ( almost all ) stations on my favorite 30 meter band. :+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes