Winter bonus....questionable for climate change?

Who’s ready for Winter Bonus season? Few days to go until December 1st !
You will get 3 bonus points on summits in EA2 that are 1000m or higher!

With the snow that is falling now on the peaks of north Spain, there is no doubt that the bonus points will be well earned!

13 Likes

And not only on the peaks; it’s snowing today in the city of Pamplona.
I’m not sure if I’ll get a change to activate some SOTA this weekend with the snow.

Guru

1 Like

Same here in the Black Forrest:

73 Armin

2 Likes

First snow hike of the season today with 3h ascent to OE/OO-064

Not much sun but impressive views to valley and mountains

73 Joe

8 Likes

Add to the list Landsberg near Munich - we got our first snow of the winter yesterday and it’s just starting again at the moment.

I don’t expect to get out portable for a while with the current uncontrolled spread of COVID around here however !
73 Ed DD5LP

1 Like

And first snow of the winter in N Yorkshire too. (It’s not lying though at sea level)

Update - it did settle overnight and is still lying on the untrodden surfaces. Is it too early to start dreaming of a white Christmas? (Sorry Bing :wink:)

2 Likes

Hi Inaki,

Ready to bonus time, now training :wink:

Todays activations without bonus:

73, Jarek

10 Likes

Snowing at sea level here (57N)

Snowing hard now in Pamplona (450m a.s.l.)

4 Likes

We’ve had about 3cms this morning.

I think the date would have to be brought forward in some places. Yesterday, Guarnon Valley in the background EA7 / GR-002.

5 Likes

No SOTA here today due to other commitments but I did manage to get out this afternoon for a couple of hours and chased SV2RUJ/P and KB7PC as well as several European and USA contacts. Sorry I missed Gerald @MW0WML on G/LD-053 Claife Heights that I was overlooking (apart from the mist). It was very cold as we got the end of daylight around 4pm but the colours of the setting sun were amazing.

4 Likes

Oh heck! Sorry I missed you!

Thanks to all for your local weather report. Just wanted to let you know that the last few years we have been enjoying unusual warm temperatures in these latitudes that have made us forget to see the snow come down so early. I agree that it has been a good training weekend to acclimatize our bodies to the winter season. I look forward to hearing you on the air soon, 73!

2 Likes

Hi all,

Given the low SOTA activity in recent days, we can think that everyone is impatiently waiting for December 1st :+1: :crazy_face:

73, Éric

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I’m gutted, what a missed opportunity (if only they’d had a band playing decent music😉)

2 Likes

don’t go to F/CR-007 today :cold_face:

(ressenti > feeling)

Fortunately the road is closed

3 Likes

:+1: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like