Windows Vista

Why can I not use the database on Vista?, I revert to Explorer to input entries

Don [G0NES]

In reply to G0NES:

That’s not a very explicit description of the problem Don.

What browser isn’t working under Vista when accessing the database?

Andy
MM0FMF

Come to think of it, Jimmy mentioned he couldn’t enter on the Database on his PC last night, which runs Vista. No problem on mine, which is XP. We both use Explorer as our browser. Don’t know if he since got it sorted or not.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G0NES:

I can access the database using vista and my web browser is Firefox.

Just had a QSO with Carolyne on G/WB-023 and entered it into the database no problem.

Mark

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy,
You hit the nail on the head, I gave a useless discription of the problem, too much of a rush to catch the evening post collection, back now so I will start again! are you all sitting comfortably?
All aspects of Sotawatch2 works fine using Vista with Windows Internet Explorer but when I try to use Vista with GOOGLE CHROME, I can access the spots etc. but not the database so I have to revert to Explorer.
I have just tried again, I have Vista Home Premium on the pc, bring up Sotawatch via Google Chrome and I have the spots page, all works as normal, call up the database and I have the Home page but can not access any of the functions, not even to log on manually, on pressing the return arrow I have “Confirm Form Resubmission” so I click out and bring up Sotawatch via Explorer.
All the best
Don

In reply to G0NES:

See http://www.sotawatch.org/reflector.php?topic=2752

Andy
MM0FMF

Hi Dad and everybody,

The database is working all fine here, and I can log on, it just took a couple of goes to get the log-in facility.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy
I have just edited my original posting, your reply with topic 2752 and mine crossed in the ether but looking at the message I am still none the wiser.
Regards
Don

It works without any problem on Vista/Opera, as long as you have cookies enabled. If not, the website shows a database error message, like a crash. This can be done better :wink:

I confirm that it does not work on Vista/Safari (it’s only v3.1.2). The menu bar appears but the dropdown does not work.

Sri, I don’t use chrome (no need to give Google more data of yourself than you actually need to, that’s why I use Opera).

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:

no need to give Google more data

ROTFL! Yes, I had a fight to dispense with GoogleUpdater.exe after I installed Chrome yesterday to see what was happening.

Andy
MM0FMF