Who'd have thought it?

In my never-ending quest to give the chasers what they want, I have been looking at which bands might be popular on my nearest hills. In doing so I was amazed to discover that there have been more 10GHz QSOs than 10MHz QSOs from Shining Tor SP-004.

Clearly something to be addressed soon!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
What luck have you had with cw on 50 mHz Richard?
Des G3HKO

A 30m dipole is top of my “wants”/“to do” list.

My aim is to complete my SOTA antenna collection with G3CWI style dipoles for 80m to 30m, and M0GIA style “Magic Moggy” verticals for 20m to 10m.

So I need, in order of priority:

1. 30m dipole
  2. 17m MM
  3. 10m MM
  4. 12m MM

I tend to do 15m on the 40m dipole and 6m using a delta loop, so those are covered (until Richard wants his delta loop back hi). Not decided about what to do / whether to bother with 160m.

But a 30m dipole is the next antenna I want to use on a regular basis for my “self-training in wireless telegraphy”, so we should soon see the decrease in the market share of 3cm on SP-004.

Tom M1EYP

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:

so we should
soon see the decrease in the market share of 3cm on SP-004.

Very soon!

In reply to G3CWI:

Very soon!

Indeed…

Alerted for: 13:00 G3CWI/P on G/SP-004 10.116-cw (Posted by G3CWI)
Spotted at: 13:04 G3CWI/P on G/SP-004 10.116-cw (Spotted by DF5WA)

Andy
MA0FMF

In reply to M1EYP:
Qoute: So I need, in order of priority:

1. 30m dipole
  2. 17m MM
  3. 10m MM
  4. 12m MM

Is there much on 30m? I owe you a dipole Tom, give me a couple of weeks or so. Sean M0GIA

Maybe catch you on Facebook later Sean to sort out what materials we have and need. Then maybe we can meet up and do the measuring and making. No rush, cos I’m away next week.

Cheers,

Tom

In reply to M1EYP and G3CWI:

Oi, keys off! 30m’s mine - that is when I choose to run HF :wink:

Go for a lightweight simple dipole Tom. Mine’s just two lengths of wire trimmed to length and soldered to about 10 centimetres of RG-58 with a BNC in-line on it. The outer ends of each leg are formed into small loops to enable a couple of metres of lightweight nylon cord to be tied to each end. It all fits on just one of Richard’s winders, the only issue being that I have to unwind one leg to get to the connector before I can hook it up - I tie wrap the coax feed to the top of the pole to provide support which is quite adequate - simples!

Having a monobander eliminates the temptation to have a go elsewhere - not as though there is ever enough time.

73, Gerald