White Coomb GM/SS-030

Many thanks to the six stations who came on to work me today - my first SOTA activation in Scotland. Sincere apologies to those waiting for me on HF. I found my self in 30m, visibility, sub-zero temperatures and horizontal hail and snow. Even in the 20 mins I was activating it go worse and I took the decision to abandon and head down. On the up side, my lovely

partner, Dawn, was waiting for me with a bottle of Old Jock in the car park. I think I’ve got a keeper there!

I’ll be heading up to Inverness tomorrow and will hopefully get out for other activations as the week progresses.

Denis MM0CBC/P (aka MW0CBC)

8 Likes

Good effort Denis! 20 minutes is long enough in those conditions. Welcome to Scotland. Hope the weather improves as you move north.

1 Like

Cheers, Fraser. I’ve done a fair bit of climbing and walking in Scotland over the years but mostly on Skye and around the Cairngorms. Only started SOTA last year and thoroughly enjoying it. Just wish I’d started when I was a bit younger

1 Like

Welcome to Scottish SOTA Denis. It looks like you had it far worse than when Paul G4MD and myself activated that one. A nice summit and a pleasant walk in.

73, Gerald G4OIG (aka GM4OIG/P)

2 Likes

Looks like you had a lovely day. I will have to go back to see the views :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Indeed we did. Maybe compensation for the dire conditions experienced on Broad Law GM/SS-029 a few months earlier. As they say in my home county of Nottinghamshire, “you pays yer money and you gets what you get” :grin:

2 Likes