Whats the point?

In reply to M0LMP:

As it is an apology I have allowed this post to stand. Let this be the end of the matter.

Let us be clear, no acrimonious or discourteous postings will be allowed to stay on this reflector, and anybody making such postings will lose their posting privileges.

This thread is at an end.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

You wont have to censor me or delete my postings ever again Brian, this is preciseley why the Summits Knowledge Base web site was set up. you seem hell bent on losing contributors.
finally, threads are not terminated just because it suits you, they should be left to run freely.

In reply to M0JDK:
Unfortunately for your thesis, I am indeed empowered to terminate threads. That is why my screen has a little button on it that lets me edit all posts, and yours hasn’t. I am far from heavy handed with that button, but neither this thread or any other under my jurisdiction will be allowed to descend into acrimony. This thread went too far and has been terminated. It clearly says so in my post of 1606 yesterday.

If you wish to re-open the discussion in another place, that is your right.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
Deleting the two previous posts was a poor show Brian, Chris was making a valid point, may be not to everyones liking but a point he is entitled to have and if this reflector is not censored, then its readers had a right to read his comment !!

remember you are dealing with adults who have emotions and opinions !!

In reply to M0LMP:

Look Lee, as Moderator I have stated that this thread is terminated. This was done to hammer home the point that intemperate and discourteous posts will not be permitted.

Chris is welcome to make his valid point, as is everyone else, but not on this thread. Start another one by all means, give it a new title, focus it on issues, not personalities, but conduct it decently, don’t run it like a witch hunt.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

“focus it on issues, not personalities, but conduct it decently, don’t run it like a witch hunt.”

Its not a witch hunt, my posting was factual, honest 100% true, it was in fact trying to encourage Tom to run a better station from the summits so we can all work him, lots of others achieve this including myself.

John M0JDK

In reply to M0JDK:

John, don’t take it personally, I was not specifically referring to your post. Start another thread, don’t focus it on Tom, he was not running a normal activation (see his reports) but if you like try and define what you think the responsibility of an activator is. The pity of it is that there was a lot of useful thinking in the thread, which is why I did not erase it all, but there was also stuff in there that should not have been said.

I didn’t take on this job for the joy of being a tinpot dictator, but if I say something must stop while wearing my Moderator hat, I’d be a dam’ poor Moderator if I then let things go on, wouldn’t I?

Brian G8ADD