What SOTA infrastructure do you use?

What SOTA infrastructure do you use? What tools are critical for your day-to-day enjoyment of SOTA? I’ve added a poll here for people to vote, based on infrastructure I’m aware of. I think a lot will be self-evident and immediate selections, others less so. If I’ve missed anything, add a comment below.

• www.sota.org.uk
  • SOTA Reflector (very meta…)
  • SOTA database
  • SOTAwatch
  • SOTA Mapping Project
  • RBNHole
  • APRS2SOTA
  • ADIF2SOTA (and vice versa)
  • VK Port-A-Log
  • SaisieSOTA
  • Radio Rucksack Tool
  • SOTA Goat / That new notification engine thing I’ve forgotten the name of

0 voters

1 Like

parksnpeaks.org is also critical for me.

What about SMS?

23 Likes

good point, forgot about that. If you use it, hit like on AB3TQ’s post.

I left PnP out deliberately, as it’s more of an aggregator than SOTA specific, but I do see the point. I’ll buy Allen lunch sometime in the next few weeks in apology :slight_smile:

I use Fast Log Entry (FLE) for my logs

not SOTA specific, but SOTA is supported (it checks summit refs), and very little typing to do
Luc - ON7DQ

3 Likes

What I also use all the time - is SOTA Filter - OK it’s only a front-end to SOTAWatch but in some ways so is SOTA GOAT and Rucksack Radio tool etc.

http://on6zq.be/p/swf/#/spotfilter

Ah, also I still occasionally use SPOTLite to enter spots or alerts from my smart phone or when the web gui to SOTAWatch isn’t working.

Ed.

4 Likes

I also use the SOTA Spotter Andriod app.

6 Likes

Yes me too (SMS)

VK3AFW

Click the like button then Ron so it gets counted as per Andrew’s reply.

HamAlert is also a very useful tool for me.
https://hamalert.org/about

6 Likes

Ditto. Not thing I can get to do push on iOS. Love that I can set so many parameters.

Wade

VK1FWBD.com

Yes - HamAlert is great !

I would like to add SpotLite and Log4OM.

Andrew, Sota Spotter including the inclusive sms input, Sota CSV Editor, Yahoo Groups for VK & NA Sota, Garmin Base Camp used in conjunction with the mapping project.
Tony VK3CAT

What is this? How did you get Base camp to work with the mapping project?

And ON6ZQ’s Log2map tool: ON6ZQ | Log to Map converter

2 Likes

Import/Export tracks between the two and exporting summits from SMP and importing into BaseCamp.

1 Like

I find it interesting that only 82% of the people voting in this survey say they use the reflector, considering the survey is on the reflector shouldn’t this logically be 100% of the people surveyed!

1 Like

It’s a standard survey concept that can be used to get a handle on how accurate the answers are.

1 Like