What is your means of transportation ? - 2nd edition

Is it it not clear from the rules Matt?

Ok. Guilty (of sloth) as charged.

Yes I can use my ebike (or car) battery so long as i remove & disconnect them from the vehicle.

Right?

Yes, as long as the battery is removed from the vehicle you can then use the battery to power the radio.

Battery, we used to dream about a battery,

But you know, we were happy in those days!

2 Likes

(I do like that helicopter hi hi)

73, fred kt5x / ws0ta

3 Likes

Back when I had really long hair. Was there a radio? Yes, and my call was N9EP, and I made summit landings many times. That was before SOTA.

Elliott Pisor, K6EL

IMG_0646

4 Likes

hair today… gone tomorrow. (that’s a really cool ride!)

fd

3 Likes

That some serious thatch. Also, nice approach vehicle.

2 Likes

Most cool, El!
Did not know about your time in N9 country.
Got some “unofficial” stick time in B-model hueys in 'nam; a real Cadillac; and only 55 gallons an hour!

1 Like

Was not in N9 country. That’s the call of the helicopter radio, and N9EP was the only 4 digit vanity call available in 1981 with the initials of my name. I got the idea from Arnold Palmer, whose Lear was N1AP. Main difference is: he was a private multi-engine pilot and I’m a commercial copter pilot. The numbers on the side of aircraft are always the radio call, not the registration numbers. Fifty five gallons an hour in a Huey is closer to what I used up in a P-51, which burns 360 gallons an hour during take-off. The price per gallon at San Francisco International has dropped recently, down to 9.90 dollars per gallon.

Elliott, K6EL

2 Likes

hmmmm. Kendal Mint Cake… any body from near Kendall (or a Cotswolds outdoor shop) heading to the States any time soon?? Not sure I can wait for my May trip for some of that sugary minty Goodness, and would gladly pay someone to smuggle me some :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

This is the vehicle I head to (and most times sleep in) the Trailheads…home when the YL and I are not touring outside the states…

3 Likes

We left home on 31st December at 4pm and spent Hogmanay in Dora. We’re doing a SOTA tour of Speyside summits. One more today, then back home and back to work tomorrow.

11 Likes