What a wild weekend of SOTA fun - GW4BML/p in GW/NW land

Thank you very much for the kind words David @G0EVV - on a clear summers day, this walk has fabulous views, I was lucky the mist was low down, so when on top of most high summits, a nice view was seen. Thank you very much for the chases, the 60m band certainly woke up mid morning with reports hitting well over the 599 on CW. I’m really enjoying operating on the key now, 40m will be my next big step - it’ll be look out! :rofl:

Unfortunately, I have to do this route again early March excluding PLyW taking a few people with me - I may sneak the 2m hand-held to give some points out. MG-CW will take some time, but its certainly getting closer :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the support and I look forward to our next QSO!

73, GW4BML. Ben

2 Likes

Great outing. You look as though you enjoyed it.
Not too sure the dog did by it’s expression​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You can’t beat a good old Welsh cake or three Phil @G4OBK, especially on top of a SOTA summit :slight_smile: I have all the G/NP summits left to do yet, so on my journeys up, I’ll drop a few bags off for you! I have a few favourites, thanks to Kevin @MW0KXN.

Thank you for the chases over the weekend, especially the early one on Elidir Fawr - that certainly helped me on my way!

Take care and look forward to our next QSO.

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

Thanks Robert @M0RWX - these summits are normally quiet when doing them in the winter. In the summer, they are heaving. I was blessed with the wx, although it was pretty cold and slippy on top! It was a cracking day out and I really enjoyed the hike as well as playing radio :slight_smile:

73, GW4BML. Ben

2 Likes

Thanks David @M6GYU - it was a cracking day out. Hahaa, Mr Brown only came with me on the Sunday and did a maximum of 2 miles, so he should be smiling :rofl: I think he was upset that I never took him with me on the Saturday long hike, he loves his mountain adventures.

73, GW4BML. Ben

2 Likes

Feel free to pick my brain…. Perhaps we should think about an NP day / weekend like the lakes now Mark does - it is a bit like the lakes but the water is more evenly distributed over the hills ….

3 Likes

This sounds a good idea Paul @G4IPB - we have a S2S and hog roast day being arranged for Saturday 8th July in Mid-Wales, these days are great, you get to meet who you talk to on a weekly basis :rofl:

Very good Ben. I actually live in the G/TW part of North Yorkshire, not the nicer Pennines part - G/NP! My nearest summits are the one pointers of G/TW-001 to TW-004, and for my sins I am the regional manager, - a title I am priviledged to hold, that was bestowed upon me some years ago by Jimmy @M0HGY. The four summits are around 30-45 mins drive to the parking places from our house. I don’t often do repeat visits much to to the G/NP area, but you never know, if it fits in for both of us I might have a ride across there and we could S2S and possibly meet up afterwards at a cafe or pub. August 1st is Yorkshire Day, and a good time to do the Yorkshire G/NP summits. This year that’s a Thursday, so you may be at the saltmine then. Welsh cakes are always very welcome indeed!

73 Phil G4OBK

PS I’m afraid I won’t be around tomorrow night to work you on the 3 summits you alerted in GW/SW (What a beggar - date clash!). I am going to a gig in York with my nephew in law to see the North Yorkshire Rock Band Scruffy Bear

3 Likes

Yes please!!!

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

That is a remarkable effort Ben.

73 Chris M0RSF

2 Likes

Thursday is my usual activation day so that sounds like a good idea. It is school holidays though so that might scupper it!

1 Like

I’ve just added a pack of Welsh Cakes to my Sainsbury’s order so they definitely are available in Yorkshire!

3 Likes

I also have all the G/TW summits to complete, so you’ll get a pack of good Welsh cakes soon :grinning:

I’ll see what I’m doing on that date and may book time off and pop up to do a couple of summits, sounds good Phil.

Have a nice evening tomorrow at the gig and we’ll speak soon.

73, Ben

1 Like

Thanks Chris @M0RSF :+1:

1 Like