WG0AT summit confusion

Hi all…I’m noticing spots and log enteries showing Steve WG0AT/P on a W2 summit. His aprs shows him in CO on W0/FR-063 Mount Herman. I believe the W2 summit was spotted because the spot program will not allow a W0 summit entry…at least I couldn’t get it to go through! You may want to confirm your log entries!!!..or am I wrong???

Mike VA6FUN

In reply to VA6FUN:

Hi Mike,

I have not heard or worked Steve, but as there are still some issues with the link between the SOTA database & Sotawatch, it may be that he has been spotted in the way you describe.

Chasers should not depend entirely on the spots on Sotawatch for the summit reference,& should preferably read the reference as given by the activator over the air. In cases where there may be confusion, or an erroneous reference has been given by the activator, a post on this reflector with the correct information can be very helpful.

Thanks for the update & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:
My fault … I was trying to spot Steve and as W0 is not listed on sotawatch website yet… I stuck something else in and put the correct summit info in the comment line … everyone missed that part. :frowning: I realised the confusion it would cause and removed the post… but it was too late there was already other posts…

I’ll take my 50 lashes and move on.

Andrew
K1YMI

In reply to K1YMI:
Hi Andrew…I figured thats what was going on…I tried to spot Steve and the W0 summit would not go through. I started the new Reflector topic because I noticed at least one chaser had put the W2 summit in his log…hope they see this and correct their logs! Like I just told Tom…I didn’t think Rooster or Peanut had convinced Steve to buy them a first class airline ticket to W2 land this morning! Hi Hi

Mike