Welsh Borders Road Trip Nov 16

A short activation report on the 6 one pointers activated on Monday 28 Nov. A good trip out with good weather and radio. Many thanks to Jan OK2PDT for contacts on every hill and to Andy M0RON for completing a foundation/intermediate/full callsign trilogy in 12 months. Details HERE

73 Glyn

4 Likes

Dr Glyn,

Many thanks for working you from the hills from “the Welsh borders”. And what a vy vy vy nice website you have. It is a pleasure to read and see all the pictures from your SOTA trips. Cu.

73, Tonnie, PA9CW.

Nice report Glyn. It brought back many pleasant memories of my early days in SOTA when I “cut my teeth” on those hills. They taught me a lot. Unfortunately the skip was too long to hear you at this QTH, but I could hear you were making sufficient contacts, so that was great.

Reading down your webpage after the report I was interested to see you have a GO tin. I have a few items scattered around my backpack which make up the equivalent of much of that. Like the bothy bag, the items I carry are in the backpack just in case there is an issue, but as you say, rescue is likely to happen within 24 hours in the UK. That is unless of course you’ve not left an itinerary with someone or at least the very basic information on where you are going and preferably by which route. There are a few route cards on the internet for this purpose which people new to SOTA might want to consider using.

Hope to catch you on one of those 2+ bonus summits quite soon.

73, Gerald G4OIG