Welsh Border 5 and MG Activation!

Hi All Tomorrow Saturday 6th Jan 2024 weather permitting I will be activating the WB5 accompanied by M0XIC (Mark) & 2E0JFJ (Jared). This will be my 1st MG on completing the last summit. All summits have been alerted by myself on Sotawatch/Sotlas. We are only operating 2M FM as we will not have enough time to play HF really sorry to long distance chasers.
We hope to get a few of you in the logs tomorrow.

M0PLA
Paul

15 Likes

You could try 10FM Paul.

1 Like

I’m stuck in the home office tomorrow on a big project, so i will be listening out. There are quite a few of you out as well! Hope to get you in the log.

1 Like

Hi Paul.
I’ve alerted for two of the five & will no doubt catch you on air for a S2S or two & will be back at Pole Bank to join you for your last one of the day.

Good luck.
Neil

1 Like

Paul, I will be looking out for you My Friend and hope to make QSO with you and your friends. Best wishes. 73 de Paul. M0CQE.

1 Like

Well done Paul @M0PLA ; A great achievement.

I heard you and the group that you were moving on to the next summit, just as I was approaching the activation zone of my summit, so missed a S2S call.

Congratulations!

73, Robert
M0RWX

2 Likes

Congratulations on becoming Mountain Goat Paul, welcome to the herd!
:+1:

2 Likes

Many Congratulations on achieving MG Paul. A nice quintet of summits for your MG outing. :grinning:

73, Gerald

2 Likes

Many, Many Congratulations, Paul. Very Well Done. You Deserve MG status for putting in so much effort. A great Start to the New Year. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like

Congratulations on reaching Goathood, Paul. Sorry I missed you but most of those hills are normally out of my reach. 73 John.

2 Likes

Many Congratulations ! Sounded like a great outing, I was disappointed not to get a s2s with your party, Pen Y Fan was well within reach but my attentiveness not so much …

Congratulations Paul on your Mountain Goat, it was a pleasure to work you guys throughout the day & to be there for your Mountain Goat Activation on Pole Bank very well done.

A few photos from the final summit.

9 Likes

Hi Neil
thank you for the photos and it was great to see you there,

73 Paul
M0PLA

2 Likes

Many congratulations Paul and welcome to the herd. I did listen out on Saturday when we were on Black Mt GW/SW-041 but you must have been moving at the time. It was too cold to stay there for too long and the cloud was threatening and even drizzled a bit on our descent. I heard you on Corndon, I think, as we neardr the car park near Hay Bluff and would have tried to get you if I’d realised it was a historic day. I’ll try do better on the 2nd MG! Lovely pictures Neil - can you give us a caption for the fabulous five line-up?
73 Viki M6BWA

2 Likes

Hi Viki thank you and the 2nd lol I think that will be some time off.

I think I can just about manage that… :laughing:

L-R, Simon G0UFE, Jared 2E0JFJ, Mark M0XIC, Paul M0PLA & John M0JZH, all highly involved with Telford & District Amateur Radio Society.

And one more of Paul with myself on Pole Bank immediately after his MG activation.

Congratulations again Paul & i’ll get the remaining photos to you soon.

Neil

1 Like