Welcome to Goatdom MM0YCJ!

In reply to MM6YCJ:

Congratulations from me also Colwyn & thanks also for the many unique summits you have activated. Thanks for the QSO’s today & I look forward to the next time :slight_smile:

Thanks & 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:

If you have never seen Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair or the Fisherfield area then have a butchers at this. Don’t blame me if all other mountains seem a bit boring afterwards.

http://www.corbetteer.co.uk/munros/tr/fisherfield/P12492.jpg

And the whole set: http://www.corbetteer.co.uk/munros/tr/fisherfield/

Jealous? Moi?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy,

When I worked Colwyn earlier on GM/NS-006 I clicked the “Google Earth” link on its summit page & had good look around. I mentioned to Colwyn that it looks like a proper Scottish mountain, which the above links confirm :slight_smile:

When he announced he was going QRT he said he had left his mountain bike further down & was some way from a road & he didn’t fancy riding the road after dark. It makes the feeble pimples I have activated look very tame in comparison.

And only worth 8 points too!

Thanks & 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to MM6YCJ:
Well done on rapid rise to MG, Colwyn. An extraordinary achievement!
Thanks for the QSO on NS-006. It was a good test of my hearing with the FT101ZD and doublet. G0VOF was doing a good job as sentry and prompter. I hope you have a good camp in the north tonight or whatever you have to do for an overnight somewhere so remote. I’ve been overwhelmed by the beauty of the scenery in the pictures for which Andy provided a link.
Time to update the SOTAWatch account with the full callsign?

73 es sd
David M0YDH

In reply to MM6YCJ:

Many congratulations on an impressively fast rise to Goatdom. Unfortunately I only seem to get to work you when on the hills in Scotland myself - you seldom get above the horrendously high local noise levels on 40m at my home QTH.

Your recent NS activations look spectacular. We’re hoping we might get into NS
land next year, but we’ll be looking for something a little less challenging!

Caroline.
M3ZCB