Weird Callsign Challenge

I challenge anyone to beat me in a “Work The Weirdest Callsign” Challenge - A Canadian station worked this morning using FT8 on the 80m band:

VC9FEMBOY

QRZ.COM VC9FEMBOY

Meme Appreciation Month

73 Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

Maybe Ofcom had special events like this in mind when proposing opening up our use of suffixes Phil?
You were up early/late!

2 Likes

There was another on yesterday during the day Phil . his was WA*KER

2 Likes

The USA based operator must have been in CW in that case and shorting the 9 into an n like we do when working rubber stamp / contest QSOs Alan.

Yes, I purposely got up in the middle of the night to work 1A0C on the 60m band, to finish off working SMOM on all 11 bands Andy, 160m through 6m. Needless to say it had to be done using FT8… When I have a nocturnal session I usually look around all the HF bands for any stations of interest to log and this callsign was one of them!

73 Phil

1 Like

That “Guy” was on last year as well with another weird call promoting the “Woke” agenda HI. They just can’t give it rest HI

Declan
EI6FR

3 Likes

Was he on DL/EW-001?

1 Like

Not too sure Richard but when I saw it I thought He’s having a laugh and I was in two minds wether to try and get him. lol

Last year it was “CATGIRL”. I’m not sure how that can be interpreted as “promoting the woke agenda”.

Anyway, shouldn’t we all be promoting the woke agenda this day and age? Unfortunately most people don’t know what woke means, having never bothered to check the dictionary definition.

I’m woke and I’m proud.

5 Likes

I think that debating the pros and con’s of planet woke is too far off topic to procede with, guys, it has potential to get as abrasive as a recently closed thread, so please give it a rest.

(Doffs the moderator helmet with the spike on top…)

1 Like

A very fast and timely response from Brian!

73 Phil

1 Like

Luck of the game, Phil - I’m about to be dragged kicking and screaming to the supermarket so I’ll be off duty for some hours!

2 Likes

Full list of stations for 2023:

Clicking on links to summits on here are just going to the SOTA database homepage again instead of the summits page by the way…

1 Like