Weekend = contests

Hi all,
just wanted to remind (warn?) you of the upcoming Worked All Germany Contest (WAG) CW and SSB,
running from 20. to 21.10.07 15:00-14:59 UTC.
I expect a crowded 40m-band, so no chance for SOTA.

Same next weekend with the CQ-WW-DX-Contest on SSB 27.-28.10.07 00:00-24:00 UTC.

About the wx: a week ago I was on HB/SG-017 with fb sunshine and 20°C and no snow.
Today are on the same summit 40cm snow and minus 4°C at 12:00 local time…hi

Vy73 es cu on the bands

Fritz dl4fdm,hb9csa

In reply to DL4FDM:
There are some HF segments where WAG contest is not allowed see Seite nicht gefunden - DARC
Unfortunately non in the CW section on 40m :frowning:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

tnx for the info Roger.
Yes, the best would be to qsy 7.118 on CW as well.
But my FT817 only works 7.000 to 7.100 actually.
Have to change it someday…

Vy73 have a nice weekend (GL es hpe qso u on Arran)
Fritz dl4fdm

In reply to DL4FDM:

Hi Fritz,

Perhaps we ought to be using 10.118 for CW during contest weekends. The propogation may not be the same, but at least it makes for a quieter life, Hi! That’s what I prefer.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

I’ll second that Gerald, plus the fact that 30m is a superb band in it’s own right and regularly much better than 40m.

73 Mike

Hi Gerald and Mike,
Good idea! Next (possible)weekend I´ll try 30m first and then 80m for the locals (DL,HB).
Tnx for all your help!
Vy73 Fritz

In reply to DL4FDM:
hi,
yes, 30m is a super band . but if i do only 30m-cw , i can´t give all chasers the same chance…so i stay at home at contestweekends or go search for geocaches,hi. will do 1 or 2 summits next week after qrl or maybe a summit tmrw afternoon after the contest :wink:

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

P.S. pse all chasers - in the winter-months i like the contest-style qso-mode due to the cold wx and the much colder fingers,hi…