Weekend Activation Report G/NP-008 G/NP-021 G/TW

I would like to thank the spotters,chasers and activators for making a good weekend for me.

G/NP-008 GREAT WHERNSIDE 26/08/07

The WX was good and not to hot for climbing the summits, the first one I did was G/NP-008 Great Whernside which I found to be a pleasure to walk up and great views all round.
I did bump into Steve G3WGU + G8ATG his wife on there travels he also activated the summit.
I had plenty of s2s contacts and lots of callers both on 2m and 60m, I did try 40m band but no chance getting in anywhere there most of the contacts was on 2m & 60m.
s2s 60m Contacts - MM0FMF/P GM7AAV/P GM7AAU/P
s2s 2m Contacts - M1AVV/P M0SGB/P G4KKI/P M3OOL/P M0RCP/P

60m Contacts - GW0VMZ G0NES GW0DSP GM4YMM G4OBK G4GKE GW4BVE G0RQL GM0AXY G4JZF G4ZRP MM5DWW G4BLH GM4FAM/P
2m Contacts - GB2TER G0OPH 2E0HJD 2E0CSG GW4EVX 2E0FSR 2E0WJC M3HUG G6VOC 2E0NHM

So around lunch time I packed up and headed down for G/NP-021 but did call in for a tea and a butty in Kettlewell.

Horse Head Moor 26/08/07

The drive over to this summit was longer than I thought as the road up the Litton Dale was busy and the road narrow so lots of stopping and starting.
I thought this summit had a nice walk up as there was no tourist about and the views were good to but it did cloud over later on and came in cold and dark so did a retreat down to the Inn in Litton for a bite to eat and a Litton beer.

I did note that there was a place across from the Inn for camping and parking over night so would be a good place to stop if you was doing some of the near by summits (cost not known) and then moving on the next day and handy for the ale and food.

2m Contacts - 2E0HJD G4BLH G1PIE G1KLZ G6CRV 2E0NHM GW0DSP G1LAT M3PXW

PARKING

There was plenty room for parking and no charge but there was an honesty box so did pay something.

G/TW-002 Cringle Moor 27/08/07

Arrived at the Lord Stone Cafe 0800hrs but had to hang around till they opened as was in need of a bacon egg butty before setting off as I know that it would be around 1630hrs before I would get back, that done I set off at 0915hrs and was set up on the summit for 1000hrs first call 1007hrs.
This was not a good day as the propagation was not good on 60m only 7 contacts so moved to 2m only 3 contacts so not good at all I had done this summit in April this year and it was the same then, packed up and set of to go do G/TW-001 as Mike GW0DSP wanted it to complete the TW’s.

60m Contacts - G0FTD/P (With shopping trolley) GW0VMZ GW4BVE G0RQL GM0AXY M1MAJ GM4YMM
2m Contacts - M1YAM/P s2s G6BIA G2ARY

G/TW-001 Urra Moor 27/08/07

This was the same as TW-002 but it was a nice walk over up and down all contacts was on 60m there was nothing on 2m at all so Mike completed the TW’s and then I packed up and set off for the tea wagon that was in Clay Bank car park so had a tea and a burger then set off, but I did not go back the way I came I took the low route below the ridge and it was a pleasant walk through the woods back to Lord Stone Cafe where I found out that the gate would not be shut till 2130hrs so had a nice meal and a pint of john Smiths before setting off home which is only an hrs drive I set off late 1900hrs so that the traffic was nill as it can get busy in Hemsley on a bank holiday.

60m - Contacts G8BKE G0RQL GW0DSP GW4BVE GW0VMZ G4BLH M1MAJ G0NES

so thanks to you all and hope to do it all again may be activating G/TW-005 this week as I need it to complete the TW’s.

PHOTO’S ON FLICKR

Terry G0VWP