W7RV 2nd W7A Shack Sloth

Following Pete WA7JTM by a day, I broke the 1000 point barrier with a 2 pointer from VA2SG at 1537Z today. I started chasing just under 6 weeks ago. I thought it would take a year to get 1000 points. Thanks to all the activators. I plan to do some activating, as well.

73 Tommy W7RV Scottsdale, AZ

In reply to W7RV:

Man, u r fast…took me about 4 months…looks like I need to retire…

Pete
WA7JTM

In reply to W7RV:

Nice work Tommy, and thanks for blowing my ear drums out on so many summits lately! :slight_smile:

When it rains it pours, this reminds me of when Todd KH2TJ made it to Shack Sloth and then I made it two days later. Of course we had long been preceded by W6’s master chaser, the operator formerly known as K6ILM, Elliott K6EL. Mike KD9KC made it within a few days of us as well.

I wonder do Sloths always come in 3’s?

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software + RBNGate FAQ:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to W7RV:
Congrats Tommy on Shack Sloth. Heard you on working today. Took me almost 4 months to make it, and I’m retired. All the best 73 de Scotty KG3W

In reply to KU6J:
Thanks Eric…you always have a great signal from your summit locations. I like the pix on your QRZ page as a youngster on the tower, not knowing that climbing belts exist!!!

See you on another one,
73/Tommy W7RV

In reply to KG3W:
Hi Scotty,

Thanks, I’m retired also. Things were slow on DXing and 6 meters, so I jumped into this…it may be temporary insanity!!

73/Tommy W7RV

In reply to W7RV:
Nicely done, Tommy! Hope to work you again soon from many other W7A summits! 73, Jim N6KZ (Prescott, AZ)

Congratulations Tommy on achieving the Shack Sloth.

Jimmy M(D)0HGY

In reply to W7RV:

I like the pix on your QRZ page as a youngster on the
tower, not knowing that climbing belts exist!!!

LOL, those were the days. Fearless and dumb but I thoroughly enjoyed my aerial gymnastics while Mom and Dad thought I was “working on the antennas”. Isn’t a tower just a vertical set of monkey bars? :wink:

Nice job beating me to the first QSO with the gang out on W6/SC-379 Santa Barbara Island today (Dan, Doc and Bob). I knew I should have pulled an Elliott and called Dan as soon as I heard him send “QRL?”. :slight_smile:

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software + RBNGate FAQ:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to N6KZ:
Tks Jim,

N7CW is an Old friend (stressing old) for almost 40 years. You guys should be QRV on 40m for us locals next time. CU from the next one.

73/Tommy W7RV

In reply to M0HGY:
Jimmy,

Tks a bunch…I need to work some European SOTAs, but the bands have been vy poor. Hopefully better this fall.

73/Tommy W7RV