W7M PS013 Activation! My first 12,000 footer and first SOTA DX!

Best activation I have had so far, hope you guys enjoy the video!
Try Hard! Montana QRP!

5 Likes

Hi Rob, an excellent video and a great achievement. Well done. :grinning:

73 de Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed. It truly was an amazing experience, a bit of a challenge, and a lovely time. Radio and mountains go together like pizza and beer :+1:

2 Likes

Great YT glad you are tackling CW as well as SSB.
Ian vk5cz …

3 Likes

Thanks for watching, and the cw is a work in progress but my favorite operating mode by far!

1 Like

Well done overall and especially the contact with F4WHB.

Paul

3 Likes

Very nice, and thanks for the fun video. Congrats!

Chris, N7NAV

2 Likes

Thank you for watching. It felt great to finally DX, now bigger mountain and further contact on less power :+1:

2 Likes

Rob, the DX you worked has never entered his hundreds of chases in the ten months he has been doing Sota. He indicated he has nothing to hide, but nothing to prove, either. I think he keeps a log, since he told me this morning he plans to enter them soon. Good enough for me. His signal is unusually strong in California, and he said he has never used a remote radio, just his 500 watts and good antennas from a location near the ocean. I’ve never worked him, since I do s2s and chase only, but there has never been a time when he worked an activator and I could not hear him well.

Elliott, K6EL

3 Likes

Heading out Saturday for another 12,000 footer!

1 Like

Nice video

I am glad to see your joy of success!

73 Armin

2 Likes

This also sounds like F4WBN. I get him on 20/30m CW routinely. We kid around saying he’s sandbagging and going to dump them all in at once and shoot to the top of the chaser list. LOL

1 Like

Good stuff Rob.
And good luck with your future adventures.

Malen
VE6VID

When I activated very early in the morning UTC 2100 (local 0600) or at UTC 2000 (local 1700) the chances of being chased by him are very high. Sometimes with TERRIFIC signals, sometimes fighting with the noise floor. Him together with OK2PDT, SA4BLM and SM5LNE are my Europe top chasers.

Nice and congrats for your first DX! And F4WBN never ceases to amaze me!

I also thought the same!!!