W4T Campout and Workshop

All are welcome to the first W4T SOTA campout that will be held around the weekend of July 22 and 23 in beautiful east Tennessee. We will be meeting at the Round Mountain Campground, south of Del Rio, Tennessee. This is a primitive campground with no running water or electricity but there is a dump toilet. The campground operates on a first come, first serve basis only and does not take reservations. With that in mind, coming a day or two early will be a good idea.

I would suggest that if you come that you bring everything you need although there is a small stream that runs through the campground if you have water filtration equipment.

On Saturday morning we plan to have a workshop, with the agenda yet to be determined and geared towards the experience level of the attendees. More will be posted on that as time approaches.

The area is rich with summits, both in Tennessee and North Carolina. I did a range search with Sota Maps for forty air miles from the campsite. The query returned over 150 summits that have been previously activated. That is not counting the unactivated summits. We will have plenty of opportunities for S2S so a two meter HT will be a useful if you have one.

Here is a link to the campground and let me know if you have questions or plan to attend.

Ron, NR3E :hiking_boot:

6 Likes

I plan to attempt to activate 4 summits in WV that weekend … S2S will be in order!

Andy, N4LAG

2 Likes