W4G Fall Campout Oct 3rd-6th, 2019

It seems like a long ways off, but the campground is already starting to fill up with reservations. We will be staying at Moccasin Creek State Park on October 3rd-6th, 2019. I will post up some more info later, but wanted to get this posted ASAP.

If you would like to be added to our email discussion list, please send me a PM.

73, pat - KI4SVM

Area Summits Maps

I’ve reserved Campsite #29.
They are going fast.
Dean ~ K2JB

I have reserved #30.
Scott kw4jm

Dreaming of that nice fall weather, I figured this was a good time for this thread to bubble back up to the top. All of the campsites at Moccasin Creek State Park have been booked, but we have a total of six campsites reserved. There should be plenty of room for more tents on each site and we will cram as many as we can into our enclave. And there is plenty of primitive camping just across the highway on Wildcat Road (and we might even let you sneak in and take a shower or use the facilities :wink: ). Blackrock Mtn State Park has a few sites with electricity still available as of this morning.

Pat - KI4SVM - 27
Dean - K2JB - 29
Scott - KW4JM - 30
Patrick - K4LPQ - 28
Ron & Liz - KI4TN & K1LIZ - 28
Wayne - W4KWM (& clan?) - 38
Ariel - NY4G - 6

Post up if you are interested in joining us.

73, pat - KI4SVM

1 Like

I’m going to try to make it up. There was one campsite left when I checked. Went ahead and booked since I have 3 nights of free camping coming.

Excellent! Good to see some new activators in W4G. Welcome to SOTA!

73, pat - KI4SVM

1 Like

Thanks! We are confirmed for that weekend. Site #45. Not near the group, unfortunately, but at least on the same property! Another couple is coming up with us, so my girlfriend can go hiking with them while we’re busy playing with our toys up on summits. :slight_smile:

Two week wake up call! Actually 10 days but who’s counting (besides me)? :rofl: Still feels like summer around here but the long range forecast is showing highs starting in the upper 80s and ending in the upper 70s by Sunday. Overnight lows around 60 so it should be awesome camping weather. I am sure the mountain tops will be a bit more tolerable. I have been taking a SOTA break to work on some other projects, so I am really looking forward to stretching my legs and getting back on the air.

73, pat - KI4SVM