W1 SOTA Campout 2021

Update June 4, 2021

W1 SOTA Campout 2021

July 16th Friday to July 19th Monday, 2021

As of today, the following people plan to attend the W1 SOTA campout! When confirmed, if you haven’t already, please let me know the campsite you pick at the campground.

Bob, AC1Z & Dee, KO4LIT Site #55

Mike, WB2FUV Site #48

Ed, K1RID Site #44

Paula, K9IR Site #42

Dave, NT1U Site #34

Paul, N1ZF plans to arrive early and pick a First Come First Serve site

Shane, KC1ONG plans to arrive early and pick a First Come First Serve site

Leo, NE2P

Others have shown interest in camping or attending the Dinner on Saturday evening.

I’ll send updates as we get closer as July 16th approached.

RESEND OF W1 SOTA CAMPOUT INFO …

We had a great time camping and activating the past three years with SOTA operators from several states. This is an opportunity for those who participate in or have interest in the “Summits on the Air” SOTA program to meet each other, have conversation, learn and activate SOTA summits in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Join in for the entire three-night campout or for as many nights as you would like or just stop by for a while, it is an informal gathering.

Make your reservation at: Campton Campground

There are both tent and RV sites available. Senior Pass allows for discount.

Please email me at: bobac1z.nh@gmail.com to let me know which site you reserve or if you are interested in stopping by the campground for a while or joining others for dinner at the nearby Mad River Tavern Saturday July 17th 6:30pm.

Bob AC1Z - Alton, NH Email: bobac1z.nh@gmail.com

Campton Campground is one of the first National Forest campgrounds visitors encounter when driving north on Interstate 93. On Route 49 about 2 miles east exit 28 off Route 93, this location has 58 sites scattered amongst ancient white pine trees.

Reservations: This site can be reserved by calling Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 (International 518-885-3639 or TDD 877-833-6777) or on-line at Recreation.gov
Fees $25 fee per night
Open Season: May - mid-October
Closest Towns: Campton, NH
Water: Faucet
Restroom: Flush Toilet Coin Showers
Operated By: Pro-Sport, Inc

See Web sites below for more info and to reserve a site at the campground:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/whitemountain/recarea?recid=74587 Campton Campground, White Mountain National Forest - Recreation.gov

GPS Coordinates of Campground: Latitude: 43.873447 Longitude: -71.626717

Activities include:

SOTA Activating during the Day – Friday July 16th to Monday 19th, 2021 – Let others know your activation plans for Summit to Summits.

Friday July 16th – Initial gathering, conversation, campfire, Food and Drink at 5:30pm. Bring your favorite SOTA gear, pictures, videos, etc. to share with others.

Saturday July 17th - Meet at Mad River Tavern Restaurant for dinner at 6:30pm. Located within minutes from Campton campground.

Sunday July 18th and Monday July 19th - More SOTA Activating and gatherings.

2 Likes