W0MNA - New Shack Sloth!

Congratulations to Gary, W0MNA. Just made Shack Sloth in a little over 2 months. Nice to have you amongst us Sloths.

In reply to AC0A:
Good going, Gary. Two months? That’s a pretty lively sloth. Order the glass early…I heard the supply is running low.

Elliott, K6ILM

Congratulations Gary on achieving the Shack Sloth.

Jimmy M0HGY

In reply to AC0A:

Congratulations Gary, two months for Shack Sloth is very impressive indeed! I’m not sure what the record for achieving SS is, but that has got to be pretty close.

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to AC0A:
Thanks Bill. I hope this doesn’t mean I have to change my diet to eating some type of food a sloth would normally eat. :slight_smile:

See you at the KCDX Club meetings.

Gary A.

In reply to K6ILM:
Thanks Elliot for the heads up on the glass. I just placed an order so hopefully it will be here soon.

I couldn’t believe I was able to achieve the Shack Sloth level in two months either. I thought it would take me a year. Fortunately, KE5AKL and a few other activators added a lot of points very quickly for me and I’m really thankful for all their efforts in doing activations.

Take care and see you on the bands.

Gary A.

In reply to M0HGY:
Thanks Jimmy. I’ve had a great time achieving the Shack Sloth level and I’m not quitting here. I’m having a blast working all of the activators. Hope to work more of you guys across the pond too in the future.

Gary A.

In reply to G0VOF:
Thanks Mark. I wasn’t trying to set a record or anything like that, I just got hooked on this part of the hobby and since I’m retired I had the time to spend chasing all of the activators I could hear.

I’ve had a great time and will continue to chase and hopefully do some activations too.

Hope to work more of you guys across the pond too.

Gary A.

In reply to W0MNA:

Hi Gary,

Being retired & having lots of time to enjoy radio is probably the key to your rapid rise to Sloathdom. I know for a fact that a lot of the top SOTA chasers are retired. Sadly, I have quite a few years to go yet Hi!

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF