W0MNA crosses 70,000 chaser points milestone

Gary, W0MNA, recently passed the 70,000 chaser milestone. Gary seems to always be in there with a good signal - a fine operator. Congratulations and good luck as 75,000 approaches.

Phil, NS7P

1 Like

Gary

Well done and a splendid achievement.

Thanks for being my chaser including my very first ever chaser.

Paul

1 Like

Thank you Gary for all the times you have chased me. You have found me on 70 out of 123 summits, and as Paul mentioned, you were the first entry on my first activation too.
I would also like to mention that one of the pleasures of hearing your voice when activating, is that Martha W0ERI is probably not far behind, and I know that I will have two entries in the log-book and be half-way to making the peak.

Thanks to both of you and I look forward to many more contacts.

Ian VE6IXD

2 Likes

And there’s a horse race going on within 2nd to 5th place in All W!
Congratulations Gary.
Merle and Herm
KB1RJD and KB1RJC
Madison, NH

1 Like

Always there, indeed! Well deserved Gary.
Charlie NJ7V

1 Like

Delighted to hear you passed another milestone Gary. Congratulations.
Malcolm VE2DDZ (Thanks for another contact today :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Congrats Gary!
And thanks for those times you came through while out on a lonely peak without a spot!
Best, Ken K6HPX

1 Like

Congrats Gary ! A great achievement !

Eric
VA2MO.

1 Like

Congrats Gary, and thanks for always being there!

1 Like

Congratulations, Gary! Thanks for all the contacts!
Peter, KD0YOB

1 Like

Congrats Gary! Always loud and always there in the pile-up. Thanks to you and Martha for so many contacts on the summits! Jim/K7MK

1 Like

Thank You Gary -

I believe you’re in most of my activator logs! I especially appreciate your efforts chasing on 40M, which is not always easy.

George
KX0R

1 Like

Congrats Gary on such a giant achievement. You are always one of the first in my summit log. Gary has even helped by spotting me when no cell coverage is available. He is always on ore near the frequency. Thanks, my friend.
Doug n7cnh

1 Like

Congrats!! and what an effort. Tnx for being first chaser and spot on very first activation.

73 de NU7A [Bren]

1 Like

Gary W0MNA,

Yes many thanks Gary on contacts, especially when bands are bad or wx is forcing me off the summit.

And can’t forget to thank you for infecting me with the SOTA virus back in 2013!

CUL John N0EVH

1 Like

My venture into SOTA started in September 2013 at a breakfast gathering with some other hams. One ham mentioned SOTA and after talking about it we decided to try an activation on an island in the middle of a lake in Arkansas. It was only a one pointer with an elevation of 501 feet but I was hooked from that point on. Now, after working activators on over 4300 unique summits I’m still having a great time and even dragged Martha - W0ERI into the fun. Still, the real congrats goes to all those great activators that brave the wilds and weather to go provide a reason for someone like us to chase them. Thanks to everyone for all the fun on SOTA. Still looking to find more time to activate plus chase even if the bands are not good these days. It’s the thrill of the hunt as they say.

Gary A. - W0MNA

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS GARY! Must be “living by the radio”!!

Good Luck on getting to the next milestone chaser award!

Chuck - KA5PVB

1 Like

Well done Gary AND Martha. I always appreciate your calls and you have saved me more than once! Please keep calling. Scott KW4JM

1 Like

Congrats Gary, the SOTA pileups would not be the same without MNA and ERI. Keep on truckin!

73/Tommy W7RV

2 Likes

Huzzah!!

1 Like