Surprised that it was not announced on the reflector yet so I just post the email received yesterday:
New version of free logger for Android devices was released. Thanks to Peter and the team for the new release.
Btw. SMS Spotters are now supported including my OE Spotter.
I have uploaded a new release of VK port-a-log to the files section of this group. Log In
This version has been tested by a dedicated group of beta testers however, like all software, there may be some bugs.
This version is compatible with SOTAwatch3.
Please note that VK port-a-log versions before V20191026_01, including Moondarra, must be uninstalled before installing this new version.
All user data will need to be re-entered after installation.
**All prior logs should be copied from the device before uninstalling previous version – just to be sure!
What’s new in this version:
• Post QSO entry is now available - feedback needed please!
• SOTAwatch spots are now processed via SOTAwatch3 - you will need a SOTAwatch3 username and password!
• ParksnPeaks spots are now processed via the new Parksnpeaks API
• GPS coordinates display on the location screen now rounded to 5 decimal places
• “On this day…” notifications only show once per day
• SOTAwatch spots can be set to only show latest spot for each call sign
• ParksnPeaks spots can be set to only show latest spot for each call sign
• Hot keys can be hidden from the logging screen
• On-air call sign can be shown at the top of screen
• Tap SOTAwatch spots title to refresh spots list
• Tap ParksnPeaks spots title to refresh spots list
• Added S2S summit reference to SOTA notes field in combined SOTA csv file
• Increased refresh of Spot sent time
• Five drop down texts for SOTAwatch spot comments (tap underlined word Comments to access)
• Five drop down texts for ParksnPeaks spot comments (tap underlined word Comments to access)
• Short-cuts to common settings from the opening splash screen (tap line starting with asterisk * to open setting box)
• Option to use last selected SOTAwatch spot comment as default comment
• Option to clear existing SOTAwatch spot comment when new comment is selected
• Option to use last selected ParksnPeaks spot comment as default comment
• Option to clear existing ParksnPeaks spot comment when new comment is selected
• Improved layout of logging screen with larger space for callsign entry
• SMS SOTAwatch spots added – including Australia, Europe, North America, Austria, Hungary and Italy
• SMS ParksnPeaks spots added – VK number only
• Antenna in use field added to activation settings, ADIF and _all.csv output files
• Recall of contacted station’s SOTA, WWFF and/or VK Shire reference from the previous QSO on the same local day.
• Access control has been added to allow blocking VK port-a-log versions from accessing SOTAwatch and/or ParksnPeaks if they are no longer compatible.
This option has been added so if for some reason VK port-a-log is causing issues with either site it can be disabled.
• Minor bug fixes.
A new basic user guide has also been uploaded.
If you have any questions about VK port-a-log they can be sent to this group, or if you prefer, to email@example.com
I hope it’s okay for me to share.