[vk3zpf-logger] New VK port-a-log version released - Gisborne

Surprised that it was not announced on the reflector yet so I just post the email received yesterday:

New version of free logger for Android devices was released. Thanks to Peter and the team for the new release.
Btw. SMS Spotters are now supported including my OE Spotter. :+1:

Hi All
I have uploaded a new release of VK port-a-log to the files section of this group. Log In
This version has been tested by a dedicated group of beta testers however, like all software, there may be some bugs.
This version is compatible with SOTAwatch3.
Please note that VK port-a-log versions before V20191026_01, including Moondarra, must be uninstalled before installing this new version.
All user data will need to be re-entered after installation.
**All prior logs should be copied from the device before uninstalling previous version – just to be sure!
What’s new in this version:
• Post QSO entry is now available - feedback needed please!
• SOTAwatch spots are now processed via SOTAwatch3 - you will need a SOTAwatch3 username and password!
• ParksnPeaks spots are now processed via the new Parksnpeaks API
• GPS coordinates display on the location screen now rounded to 5 decimal places
• “On this day…” notifications only show once per day
• SOTAwatch spots can be set to only show latest spot for each call sign
• ParksnPeaks spots can be set to only show latest spot for each call sign
• Hot keys can be hidden from the logging screen
• On-air call sign can be shown at the top of screen
• Tap SOTAwatch spots title to refresh spots list
• Tap ParksnPeaks spots title to refresh spots list
• Added S2S summit reference to SOTA notes field in combined SOTA csv file
• Increased refresh of Spot sent time
• Five drop down texts for SOTAwatch spot comments (tap underlined word Comments to access)
• Five drop down texts for ParksnPeaks spot comments (tap underlined word Comments to access)
• Short-cuts to common settings from the opening splash screen (tap line starting with asterisk * to open setting box)
• Option to use last selected SOTAwatch spot comment as default comment
• Option to clear existing SOTAwatch spot comment when new comment is selected
• Option to use last selected ParksnPeaks spot comment as default comment
• Option to clear existing ParksnPeaks spot comment when new comment is selected
• Improved layout of logging screen with larger space for callsign entry
• SMS SOTAwatch spots added – including Australia, Europe, North America, Austria, Hungary and Italy
• SMS ParksnPeaks spots added – VK number only
• Antenna in use field added to activation settings, ADIF and _all.csv output files
• Recall of contacted station’s SOTA, WWFF and/or VK Shire reference from the previous QSO on the same local day.
• Access control has been added to allow blocking VK port-a-log versions from accessing SOTAwatch and/or ParksnPeaks if they are no longer compatible.
This option has been added so if for some reason VK port-a-log is causing issues with either site it can be disabled.
• Minor bug fixes.
A new basic user guide has also been uploaded.
If you have any questions about VK port-a-log they can be sent to this group, or if you prefer, to support@vk3zpf.com
Peter VK3ZPF
www.vk3zpf.com

Peter @VK3ZPF
I hope it’s okay for me to share.

73 Joe

5 Likes

http://vk3zpf.com/vk-port-a-log has all the details for this Android app.

Special thanks to the beta testers as well as Andrew @VK3ARR and Jon @G4ZFZ for their help understanding the changes to SOTAwatch.

6 Likes

So, the latest version had been out for less than a day before a bug was found.

It wasn’t an app killing, failed activation, hike up the hill for nothing kind of bug but it shouldn’t have been there.

I have now uploaded a revised version named VK port-a-log Gisborne_01.1 that has the GPS prompt bug squashed!

2 Likes

Just did a search in the Play Store and it isn’t there. VLS logger was top of the search list.

Because it was never on the Play store.

Register at vk3zpf-logger@groups.io | Home
and find the .apk installer in the files section.

What could possibly go wrong? I have downloaded VLS instead

VLS is a basic logger (with ads).
VK port-a-log has SOTA and WWFF spotting/monitoring integrated with the logger and has summit and park finding. Certainly worth seeking out.

73, Gerard - VK2IO

3 Likes