VK1AD - 5000 S2S Points

Hi all,

After 2 year and 10 months of activating VK1, VK2 and VK3 peaks and 1089 S2S contacts, this evening with the help of Andrew VK1DA and Adan VK1FJAW both activating Livingstone Hill VK2/SM-093 (6 points) I made it to 5k S2S from a VK1 Andrew to Andrew S2S. :slight_smile:

In addition to working Andrew and Adan, I was hoping to chase Mike 2E0YYY from Mt Majura VK1/AC-034 however propagation on 20m from VK was crap! I think Mike had a few weather issues to deal with. :frowning:

A special thank you to activators in VK and overseas mostly in Europe. A S2S with North America on 10m remains elusive. I will try again Sunday morning local time.

Have a great weekend and play safe on the summits.

73, Andrew VK1AD

4 Likes

Well done Andrew :sunglasses: ~ a rapid rate!

Good stuff.
Cheers
Mike

Well done Andrew - well deserved.

73 Ed.

Well done Andrew - and how sweet for it to be a VK1 Andrew to VK1 Andrew S2S contact to get you over the line!

I will most likely be heading to VK1/AC-008 on Saturday night (alerts to go up tomorrow night) for an overnight activation with a focus on 10m. Hopefully I can get my first VK to W land S2S contact then!

Matt
VK1MA

Well done Andrew.

Thanks for all the s2s contacts on your journey.

73 Allan GW4VPX

Hi Andrew,

Congratulations on 5k s2s points and thanks for all the s2s contacts we’ve made along the way. Sorry I missed you this morning, however, the rain at G/SP-017 Billinge Hill was relentless :frowning:

I sat in the car for one and a half hours before throwing the towel in. In any event, I think with the 20m band conditions (K index 6), a s2s would have been a pretty tall order.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

It was fun being part of that, Andrew. Well done, you have scored activator and S2S points at about twice my rate, or a little higher!

After we tried the comparison between the dipole and the Hentenna, we then put up the 1/4 wave vertical and compared that one as well. Mark reported the first two were about the same but the 1/4 was not audible!

Adan then broke out the VNA and the laptop to check all the antennas in situ. Serious field work for the experimenter!

Andrew
vk1da/vk2uh

Bloody well done!

Adan
VK1FJAW

Well done Andrew, a lot of work in achieving that.

73’s Nick