VK1 SOTA Mountain Goat - Andrew VK1MBE

Congratulations to Andrew VK1MBE on his achievement in completing 1000 SOTA activator points at 2300 1 Jan 17 UTC while activating Mt McDonald VK1/AC-048.

In true VK1 style, Andrew walked 3 km for a 205 vertical metre ascent to earn the SOTA Mountain Goat Award. :slight_smile:

Congratulations Andrew well done! :wink:

73, Andrew VKAD

5 Likes

Congrats Andrew,

Unable to hear you here in Arizona, but was listening.

All the best in 2017 , and BAAA!

Ken K6HPX

Well done, congratulations!

In general, congratulations to all the VK OMs for being such active SOTA goers as well!
May the goat (and propagation) be with you!

Arnaud

Many thanks Andrew, Ken and Arnaud,

The final march to Goat-dom threw up a few challenges with four changes of plan before getting over the line. Originally intended to reach the milestone at the NY rollover, but it was not to be.
There were fallen trees blocking roads, private property issues and a few other things the SOTA gods arranged to make sure I earned the honour.

The climb up the summit today seemed to have appeased them and quite fitting that it was a summit I was first to activate and that Andrew VK1AD, The Sherpa, was on able to provide that fourth contact that saw the summit activated and 1000 points achieved.

One of the highlights of the activation was the cacophony of bleats and bleating like sounds that inundated 146.5 after the fourth contact. Great fun was had by all.

A big thankyou the great bunch of people that is the SOTA community.

Andrew VK1MBE

Congratulations Andrew!

Well deserved.

NYE fallen trees blocking paths also thwarted my intended activation, but moved onto another accessible peak.

Thanks for all your activations and contacts… I’m sure there’ll be many more.

Col VK3LED

Great achievment Andrew. Congratulations.

Mike 2E0YYY

Congratulations to Andrew VK1MBE
best 73 from Portugal

CT2IUV

Congratulations on reaching MG status Andrew…welcome to the herd :slight_smile:

Allan GW4VPX

Thanks again All,
Quick snap of the end of the Long March to Goathood. Andrew vk1mbe.

1 Like

Congratulations Andrew.
Charlie NJ7V

Great news Andrew, congratulations!!!
Cheers,
Glenn VK3YY.