VK port-a-log Just a Thank You!

With the issues I have been having with Outd Log, today i tried VK Port-a-log… I had a bit of an issue, so emailed Peter Fraser… within an amazingly short time, he got back to me with a solution. I just want to publically say thanks. This is a none commercial product that really makes a big difference to activators (and puts some commercial products to shame). If you are looking for a logging solution and use an Android phone I would really suggest you give it a go!

A little tip for SOTA
If you are often chasing SOTA stations you can change the logger line 4 fields to be SOTA rather than QTH in the Miscellaneous logger settings page. Then, on most devices, you don’t need to scroll down to find them.

Martin

13 Likes

My go to app since I started SOTA. One more piece of advice I would add is that if you use a small folding Bluetooth keyboard, you can use the arrow keys to navigate between fields and ctrl + s to save the QSO; very useful when wearing gloves.
73 de Matt

3 Likes

I use for maybe last 2 years and no way back now :wink:
Device is tablet 8" and for cold season via ferrata glove for logging hand:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

I’m new with VK Port-a-log. Until today I used paper log then FLE at home. There is some way to use VK Port-a-log to enter qsos after an activation? The main problem I see is the time entry you cannot set at any qso (you can only modify it after logging). May anyone help me?
Thanks
Claudio

3 Likes

Long click on the time in the left top corner. You can then select ‘Post QSO Entry Mode’ . Then you can change things. Maybe that will do what you want.

Martin

2 Likes

Thanks Martin. This is a solution, not the best but it functions. FLE is very faster but does not run on tablets.

2 Likes