Visiting VK4 2023 June

I will visit VK4 from this weekend to visit my family. Then now under planning to activate some SOTA summmits. SOTA activation will be from Monday 26. My callsign is VK4/JA1CTV/P. Hope to see you all.

73 & GD SOTA DX
Toru K

5 Likes

Welcome to VK4 Toru.
I hope to make some SOTA QSO with you.
I will keep eye on SW3 for you.
Regards
Ian vk5cz …

3 Likes

Ian, Thank you I will use SOTAMAT for SW3 posting.
See you on air
Toru K

Let me know if you head west from Brisbane at all - VK4/SE-024 is only 10 minutes from my home - perhaps we can do a joint activation.
Sayonara
John, VK4TJ

3 Likes

Hi John,
Thank you always for your chase. At this time I’m visiting NT region then I hope to catch you on air. Anyway thank you for your suggestion, really appreciate it.
Toru K JA1CTV

1 Like

here we go

Wow - one “first ever” activation in there, too!. A few folks will be looking for the VKFF credit on your first one, so you might get swamped :slight_smile: VK4SMA, state coordinator, will be happy to take your log on that one…

2 Likes

Today is the last day of SOTA activation in this time of VK4 tour. Will come to VK4/NT-175.
Toru K

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your activations Toru-san. All activated summits were new for me. Consistently good signal into ZL on 15m. Propagation on 20m and 10m was somewhat patchy. 20m was OK, but not as strong as 15m. The last summit was the strongest on 10m comparing with the other activations. Glad you managed QSO’s with your homeland on that band.

Regards & 73!
Andrei, de ZL1TM

1 Like

Thank yu Andrei, your signal was always solid strong. I will work out all QSO record wheb I fly back to JA.

Toru K JA1CTV

1 Like

Safely returned to home. Thank you for all of your call and support. This is the summary of SOTA activation in VK4.

Followings are record and some photos

Day1 Mt. Whitfield VK4/NT-212 23 QSO

Day1 add Earl Hill (Trinity Beach) VK4/NT-242 11 QSO

Day2 Mt Williams (Jungara) VK4/NT-052 11 QSO

Day3 Mt Walsh’s Pyramid VK4/NT-078 36 QSO

Day4 Mt Sheridan (Cairns2) VK4/NT-175 41 QSO

Also I uploaded the log on to SOTA DB and map and photos in SOTLAS, SOTA map and in my blog (only Japanese).

Thanks again and see you soon mate!
Toru K JA1CTV

4 Likes

Thanks Toru for activating some summits in vk4. I was able to work you most times and your link dipole worked very well on 15/17m. Glad you had a great time.
Regards Ian vk5cz …

1 Like

Thank you Toru for the activations. I worked you on all 5 summits, which included 3 new Chaser Uniques. I also enjoyed your blog entries (thanks to Google Chrome’s Translate function).
Cheers,
Peter VK3PF

1 Like

Thanks Toru for your great report with terrific photos. I am glad you had enjoyed your time in VK4. Take care; hope you come back again soon

cheers :beer:

Geoff vk3sq

1 Like