Videos

Several interesting new videos have been posted recently including a nice chaser video from HA5TI. See them at:

http://www.youtube.com/group/sota

Thanks to all the video cameramen. Just to remind people that most ordinary digital cameras will shoot video clips as will most mobile phones with cameras these days. Short video clips give a facinating insight into how others do SOTA.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Hi Ric

Tnx for the info - (nice to see I am getting to HA!)
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to DH8DX:
Your CW is always FB Dan - mni tnx for all the activations.
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to DH8DX:
Hi Dan
Steady is richtig - ausgezeichnet!

SOTA is very addictive!
CUAGN soon
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM (Father And Mother / Vater und Mutti)

I think posting the videos is excellent. Gives us an idea of what the activators have to go through for our benefit and pleasure.
Makes you a bit envious as well; all that beautiful countryside.

Peter

In reply to GM4FAM:

SOTA is very addictive!

Cris

Just wait until you start activating - then you will realise just how addictive it is. I fear that we will have to start a therapy group for those trying to give it up sometime soon.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Oh gawd - I have counselling to look forward to also?!

Pse QRX for Mount Eagle (NS-151) - my local hill a few kms away.

Ben Wyvis looks very inviting from here also.

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to G3CWI:
Forgot to mention Ric - congrats on working that W3 on 40m a few days ago - I heard the QSO and QRP to the USA is outstanding in daylight!

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:

Pse QRX for Mount Eagle (NS-151) - my local hill a few kms away.

Ben Wyvis looks very inviting from here also.

Mount Eagle looks like a good prospect for a first activation, not too much to lose if anything fails to work as intended. Ben Wyvis looks rather more of a challenge! I have found the variety that the smaller English and Welsh hills (1 and 2 pointers) offer to be very satisfying. Every activation has a different challenge. I hope that you enjoy your first activation and that it leads to many more.

Incidentally my contact into W3 was not with QRP. I was using 25-30W at the time. It was still rather unexpected at 11am on 40m. Interestingly the W3 was aware of SOTA and sent me a nice email - he was as surprised as I was! Over the years I have had a few interesting DX contacts from the hills - last year I was called by G3TXF when he was in FP (and that day I really was using QRP). I dont recall ever working into JA from a summit though. I need to try the higher bands more I think. I will try 20m this weekend and may well graduate to 17m in the future.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

sota makes addicted? that knows already be.you would have to see the eyes of my xyl, if I pack my rucksack at sunday mornings.
where do you go?
transmit on a summit?
aha, nice , why I ask at all ?

73 klaus

In reply to DH8DX:
Hi Dan ,
nice idea , but my xyl and hamradio is like cat and mouse,hi.and i enjoy the silence on the summits ;-)and walking is also not her thing.ok,walking on the shopping-mile is ok :wink: we have enough time together. i need this sota to relax from the qrl,etc…

73 klaus