VIDEO: Winter team activation of Gschirreck together with Michael OE5HKT

Hello everyone,

This time please join a team activation together with Michael @OE5HKT to Gschirreck OE/OO-261.

The fairly mild winter in OE land left us with barely any snow so getting to this very nice summit worked out really well.
Strong winds - as you can see in the video made it a bit more challenging but overall a great team activation.

We setup an IC-705 with roll-up J-Pole for 2m and made a good number of contacts. And 40m worked great that day and I made a number of QSO on SSB.

Here the video:

73 Joe

16 Likes

Thanks Joe and Michael for your video of your activation. Enjoyable to watch too.

Cheers: Geoff

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the nice video and the S2S we did on 40m.
It’s always interesting to hear your own voice from the other side and I remember the heavy QRM I had on my side. But it worked!

Have fun and greetings also to Michael!

73 Stephan

1 Like

Another great video Joe! Cool idea by Micheal on the 3D case; probably makes the screen easier to see in bright sun as well.

Quick and beautifully done activation! Himalayan climbers say - climbing in alpine style. Here I saw such a real alpine-style activation. Bravo Joe!
73 es S2S
Vlad RX9WT

Thanks Geoff for the nice feedback. Even that there are mostly German/Austrian language QSO. But the landscape needs no words - hi.

It is always interesting with 40m and QRM. First it looks like the frequency is clear and then it happens :laughing:
Thanks for the nice S2S QSO Stephan!

Not sure how much shade it gives but definitly a good protection for the screen.
And faily lightweight.

Thanks Vlad. It would say for alpine style it needs to get a bit steeper. But there were some nice rock sections on the way up. Thanks for kind words! An S2S would be nice again. Fingers crossed

73 Joe

2 Likes