Video: OE5JFE on Tamischbachturm and via-ferrata to Tieflimauer OE/ST-160

Hello everyone,

This time I will take you again on a “two day - two summit” adventure like my previous video in the Gesäuse Nationalpark region.
The tour includes hike with 1500m ascent to Tamischbachturm OE/ST-107 and back to Ennstalerhütte mountainhut. Next day - so yes there is a mountain sunset included in this video - my good friend Anna and myself have climbed the via-ferrata call “Teufelsteig” (engl. devils trail, a difficulty C via ferrata) to the summit Tieflimauer OE/ST-160.

I have filmed the via-ferrata with my new action cam mounted at the helmed.
Expect very nice panoramas and the one or other view down the rock formations of Tieflimauer.

Here the video:

And some pictures:

Tamischbachturm summit

Evening at the hut

Flora along the way

Via ferrata

just before the summit (the green nose is Tamischbachturm)

I hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

73 Joe

10 Likes

Hello, Joe.

Always beautiful photos, landscapes, reports and pure SOTA. Thanks for recording your activations.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Nice pictures, thanks! That looks like a fun via ferrata, with plenty of opportunities to touch actual rock, not just iron rungs :smile::+1:

73, Manuel

1 Like

great video … looks like you had a lot of fun!

so,so … sota :joy:

1 Like

Indeed. Not a fan of those “brute force constructed” via-ferratas. It used to be a 3+ or so trad-route and someone once decided to make it a via-ferrata . But the character of the route is still there.

Martin we had a lot of fun. It was just too good to not use it :laughing:
For those that have not found it: https://youtu.be/kA39zF1hXdc?t=639

But pls watch the full video hi

2 Likes

Hello Joe and Anna,

Thanks for the nice video and pictures.
It looks that you two enjoyed so so SOTA. :+1: :grin:

Atsu

1 Like

Hi Joe
Great to read and beatiful scenery.
73’s Jaan
sm0oek

1 Like

Thank you for the pictures, a picture tells more than 1000 words and gives a good impression about the place one has contacted.
Patrick
ON4BCA/QRP

1 Like