VIDEO: OE5JFE on Schreinl OE/ST-074

Hello everyone,

Join us on a snow shoe hike to the summit called Schreinl OE/ST-074 , 2154m in the winter landscape of Styria OE/ST.
Start from the currently not operating ski resort Planneralm to the summit Karlspitz and on the ridge onward to Schreinl. See impressive Fön-Wind formation in a timelaps and features of some QSO on 2m FM (in German) and nice SSB HF contacts to Sweden @SA4BLM, Spain @EA1DFP and Scotland @GM7NZI and many more.

Quite a bit of wind up on the ridge but we found a wind sheltered spot.
On the way back a bit of fun in the snow sliding down on our butts hi

Here the video. Hope you enjoy the views.

And some pictures:

73 Joe

13 Likes

Hi Joe, thanks for your wonderful video. Well done on the activation, it looks like you had a lot of fun. :grinning: :+1:

73 de Geoff vk3sq

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for watching and your great feedback.
It was lot of fun. Having a local beer at the summit in great company and then doing a controlled slide from the ridge is definitely a first for me. 40+ but a child at heart :laughing:

73 Joe

2 Likes

Joe, I don’t watch movies to the end very often. And on TV and on YouTube too. I watched this film to the end and with great pleasure! We watched together with my wife. Very beautiful views, especially where the clouds are approaching. The quick work on the installation of the equipment was impressive.
Great job, great SOTA!
Vlad

1 Like

Vlad, that is a big compliment. Thanks a lot. Some say the clouds are photographers best friends. And this is true in the mountains especially. Just so much much contrast and varity.

The quick installation is of course a video editing trick. 3 times the speed and only short snippets. I wish I would be that fast in setting up the radio. But the vertical for HF is quite fast to setup. A dipole or endfed takes way more time in my experience.

Let’s see what my next adventure will be.

73 de Joe

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Huge respect for you for two things: you do interesting activations and you have a wish to tell us so fantastically about them here.
Chapeau bas !
I look forward to our next meeting :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Thank you Jarek. Always a pleasure and happy to hear that you all enjoy them as much as I do.
Looking very much forward to September. I am optimistic that it will be possible to meet.
73 Joe

2 Likes

Brilliant as always Joe, and Anna too. Stunning views, Will have to make it there before I pop my clogs as my missus loves mountains so so much. Thanks anyways for the video. Best 73 and take care.

Thanks Allen. Let me know if you make it to Austria and I am happy to support you or join for an activation.
Until our next QSO. Stay safe and all the best. 73 Joe

1 Like

Joe,

Thanks for the wonderful video of the activation. It was very uplifting.

73’s
David

1 Like

Hi Joe san,
Thank you for your SOTA exciting video and I’m happy you seem well.
I hope I can meet you somewhere again.
de JG0AWE

Hi Hiro san,

Great to read your comment. I hope you and your family are healthy in those difficult times.
Looking forward to travel being possible. Let’s be optimistic.

73 de Joe

1 Like