VIDEO: OE5JFE climbing via ferrata to Predigstuhl OE/OO-074

Hello everyone,

Just did last weekend together with my good friend Anna - who is an enthusiastic via ferrata climber - the two popular climbs to Predigstuhl near Bad Goisern in the Salzkammergut region of Upper Austria.

If you have vertigo you will find this video probably very entertaining hi

Video:

The two via ferrata (steel cable climbs) are in a medium difficulty and not very long so we did both. First the

followed by the activation

and then walked down and did the second one named
Mein Land - Dein Land - so in english: My land - your land

that is starting inside a cave.

Very nice setup and the walk over the steel cable made my knees a tiny bit weak for a moment :blush:

Thanks for all the contacts with:
OE5FSL, OE5HDN, OE5XVL/P, 2E0ESY, CT2GSN/P (S2S CT/MN-025), SV3IEG, F4WBN, EA2DT, EA5JN, EA1DHB, UW8SM, SM5LNE, ON8PHD, SA4BLM, 4Z4DX, G0VWP, G6PQW/P, GW4TQE/P (S2S GW/MW-026), OE5CSP/M, OE6ADE/P (S2S OE/SB-116)

73 de Joe

31 Likes

Great video! I love it!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey, Joe, stop doing this! Your video gave me vertigo while watching it on my large screen!

Just joking (at least partially), great video. Keep them coming!

1 Like

Thanks Valdi. That’s why I gave the warning hi

Next tours are already planned. And I will bring the camera along.

1 Like

Good evening Joe @OE5JFE

Thank you for the video. Your videos are always exciting. Pure motivation :+1::slightly_smiling_face::goat:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Another great video from you. Thanks I really enjoy them, although I think via ferrata isn’t for me :wink:

Keep them comming.

73 Marek

1 Like

WOW ! and all that to shout “CQ SOTA” Brilliant Joe and Anna.
Wanted so much to chat but couldn’t hear a thing here , bad conditions.
All the best 73 de Allen

1 Like

Thanks Allen,

That’s a way to see it. For me the overall experience is what motivates me to get out there. SOTA summits are a great motivation to head out to various summits with very difference routes.
Btw. there is also a normal path up there so this summits is accessible for various skillsets.

There was some strong QSB on 20m so I hope to hear you on the next one.
73 de Joe

4 Likes

Thanks everyone. Sometimes I am questioning myself on the effort of video creation but I enjoy that it brings back the memories of cool hike and having such feedback makes me very happy. :smiley: :clap:

6 Likes

I write reports about our journeys in our campervan on another forum. People seem to enjoy reading them but I also read them as they are like a diary. I don’t have to trust my memory - I can just look at the photographs and my description many years later and re-live the trip. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Always great videos Joe! You’ve set the bar high.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

3 Likes

Super Video! Hoffe, wir hören uns bald wieder Mal! 73 de Alfred, OE1SQA.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your videos! What fun you must have experienced. 73 de CT7/ K9PM

2 Likes

Well done Joe and Anna! Most cool; keep them coming.
All Best, Ken

2 Likes