VIDEO: OE5 group activation of OE/ST-522 Triebenfeldkogel

Hello everyone,

As a followup of our great team action on Plechy [Video link] past winter we decided to do a hike in summertime together. As it is finding a suitable day was not easy so autumn came to OE land for this hike to finally happen.

Some huts are closing already that late in the season so we decided to stay overnight in a guesthouse near Trieben and follow a hike that Martin OE5REO documented already for SOTAmaps.
The Triebenfeldkogel OE/ST-522 is a grass covered summit and looked like a good option as the first snow already had hit Austria some days before the hike.

The group members are Sylvia @OE5YYN, Franz @OE5FSM, Dieter @OE5DZL, Heinz @OE5EEP, Joe OE5JFE and cute support by Kimo the SOTA dog.

So please enjoy the video report:

And some pictures as teaser:

Walk on forest path

View from saddle to already snow covered summits

Kimo enjoying the day

Heinz working CW pile-ups on 3 bands

Joe adjusting the 4el Yagi

Dieter calling CQ on 2m

Sylvia on 40m SSB

Franz full focus on the pile-up

It was again great fun and plannings for the next hike have started :+1:

73 de Joe

22 Likes

I suggest to call him OE5KIMO from now on :wink:

Many thanks for couple of S2S QSOs to suport my 10 years anniversary activation od SP/BZ-050 :muscle:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

:dog2:
I would totally approve that suggestion. Not sure how flexible our telecommunication and licence officers are :sweat_smile:

Again congrats to your 10 year SOTA anniversary Jarek and hear you soon.
73 Joe

2 Likes

Joe, the best Friends are who understand us :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Great activation, company and video! Thanks! Will try to follow your example on a LZ summit!
73 de Rumen/LZ2AF

Another excellent video Joe, out of interest how far (km) is the ascent to the summit.

Thanks for sharing the team’s adventures.

73, Andrew VK1AD

1 Like

Thanks. It’s always fun to hike and play radio in good company :+1:

Andrew here is the summary from my GPS watch:

So about 6 km distance and 700 m ascent to summit - and then back (or one could include a second summit if you look at the map)
Martin OE5REO has shared the tracks. Best way is to look at sotl.as

73 Joe

great video again joe … i hope that on the next group activation i will be able to accompany you!

73 martin, oe5reo

3 Likes

Thanks a lot Martin. Looking forward to you joining :+1:

73 Joe

1 Like