Video: First activation of Rossgruberkogel OE/SB-415

Hello everyone,

This is the video from the second day of my Tyrol activations on the way to Friedrichshafen.

Originally I wanted to get Großer Rettenstein activated but there is still too much snow near the top as you can see in my previous and this video.

Started from Oberlandhütte in Aschau and followed the gravel road to the saddle named Stangenjoch. Then follow the east along the ridgeline.
About 3 hours of hiking time (official suggestion is 4 hours) to reach the summit. Until the saddle Stangenjoch it is an official mountainbike trail so one could rent a bike or even e-bike to shorten the approach. The summit is on the Salzburg and Tyrol border and has the reference OE/SB-415. What was strange was there were so many flies and other insects and bugs near the summit.
Total distance there and back almost exactly 20 km.

Here some pictures on this perfect weather day:

Follow the easy gravel road

Looking back before the saddle

Summit in view

The summit cross

QSO map:

And here the video:

Thanks for all the contact!

It was great having S2S and then meeting at the dinner at Friedrichshafen with
John @VK6NU and Luc @ON7DQ

73 de Joe

7 Likes

What can I say more … just wonderful Joe !
LUC - ON7DQ

2 Likes

Hi Joe

Great to meet up at ham radio at Friedrichshafen, really enjoyed your video and many thanks for the S2S contact. also nice to hear how you sound on another summit, I think I was a bit off frequency, i noticed my KX2 drifted down a little in frequency during my EI Activations.
John VK6NU from a very WET Perth, over 200mm of rain this month so far.

2 Likes

Hi John,

Yes, you were a bit off while I listened to your previous QSOs.
But that’s what the knob is made for :wink:

Super hot conditions here in OE

73 Joe