Validity of SOTA activations in Spain during Covid-19 lockdown

From 4th of May, you can go to hike but only in the municipality of residence. So for me the lockdown continues. Someone else will be luckier and can do some activation…

1 Like

For Belgium, the government statement reads

⇨ Phase 2 (18 May), …, “certain possibilities will be examined, such as:”, …, “the possibility to organize day trips to certain regions of the country”.

So, definitely no SOTA activations before May 18th, and no decision made yet on the end of restriction of trips.

1 Like

There might be changes to the above explained conditions because presidents of several of our Autonomus Comunities have expressed that having a whole province in a given Phase is not good and they propose the divisions to be the sanitary areas. The Government of Spain said these proposals will be studied, but several problems are foreseen already for this proposed plan. Should something like this be finally accepted (I hope not), it would be a total nighmare, not only for SOTA activators but for all the population, unable to know the boundaries of each sanitary region within the own province.
It’s also been said that an announcement will be made today giving details and precisions about the way we will be allowed to do the individual exercise. I hope we will still have the small chance to activate nearby summits…
I’ll give more info as soon as I can.

Guru

Maybe the goats registered in the mountain federations can go to a summit in phase 0, This is the news from my federation https://fedamon.es/comunicado-de-la-federacion-andaluza-de-montanismo-sobre-la-vuelta-a-la-practica-de-los-deportes-de-montana/
We have to wait

1 Like

Hi Fabio,

In Poland nature recreation is now allowed but in April I am in home office so no activations.
In May I will start office work one day a week so may be I will also start to activate a little, just need to choose summits with low tourist popularity.

73, Jarek

1 Like

Spain’s Health minister just made the expected announcement and these are the conditions for individual physical exercise. Two aspects will condition and limit this activity:

1- Time frame:
People living in municipalities with population over 5000 inhabitants and in order to avoid any crowds and coincidence with the more vulnerable older people, can do individual sport once a day either between 6h and 10h in the morning or between 20h and 23h in the evening (CEST). These time slots don’t apply to people living in municipalities with population under 5000 inhabitants and they will be allowed to do sport at any time of the day.

2- Range of movements: movements will only be allowed within the territory of the municipality of residence, being this condition applicable to all people, no matter the size of the town or municipality where they inhabit.

People living in municipalities with over 5000 inhabitants and dependent or aged 70 and over can only go out for a daily walk between either 10h and 12h or 19h and 20h (CEST).

With these conditions, I still see some chances for SOTA activations in EA during this Phase. Unfortunately not for me…

============================================================

El ministro de Sanidad de España acaba de hacer el esperado anuncio y estas son las condiciones para el deporte individual. Dos aspectos condicionan y limitan esta actividad:

1- Horario:
Las personas que vivan en municipios con población mayor que 5000 habitantes y para evitar aglomeraciones y coincidencia con las personas mayores más vulnerables, pueden hacer deporte individual una vez al día bien entre las 6h y las 10h de la mañana o entre las 20h y las 23h de la tarde-noche (CEST). Estas franjas horarias no aplican a la gente que viva en municipios con población inferior a 5000 habitantes y ellos podrán hacer deporte a cualquier hora del día.

2- Rango de los movimientos: los movimientos solo se permitirán dentro del territorio del municipio de residencia, aplicándose esta condición a todos, sin importar el tamaño de la ciudad o municipio donde se habite.

Las personas que vivan en municipios de más de 5000 habitantes y sean dependientes o con 70 y más años, solo pueden salir para un paseo diario, bien entre las 10h y las 12h o entre las 19h y las 20h (CEST).

Con estas condiciones, todavía veo algunas oportunidades para activaciones SOTA en EA durante esta fase. Desgraciadamente no para mí.

Guru

1 Like

They forget the mountain sports again :rage: :rage: :rage:

Not really, José, you could hike a mountain as long as you had some within your municipality. What they don’t want in this early Phase 0 is having us moving out of our municipality to avoid the risk of exporting or importing the virus.

Guru

1 Like

Hi,
I have just read the BOE (No. 121 Friday, May 1, 2020 Sec. I. Page 30925). They continue to ignore the mountaineers :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:. Meanwhile we will continue practicing at home, whoever can, my friend Pepe Video
Un abrazo (virtual por supuesto)

Rules are for the guidance of wise men, and the obedience of idiots. Stay strong Jose, you’ll be free again soon!
73 Matt

1 Like

So now it’s time to plan for EA8/HI-001

Hi Erich,
I don’t think they will yet allow incoming flights at the Phase 1.
In case you are already in the isle of El Hierro, let me show you the 3 existing municipalities in the isle:
imagen
You’d have to carefully find out the conditions under which individual sport and movements are allowed in Phase 1. I don’t know them by heart right now.

Guru

I am near Frontera. Malpaso is only abt 1400 m on top of us. Distance in air abt 1 km on road 20 minutes…
Here lot people are out sport walking …

The summit just now cloudy

pICTURE WAS NOT SENT BY HANDY …

It looks like you will definitely be one of the few lucky SOTA activators meeting all conditions to carry out an activation. Enjoy this nice 10 pointer while we all remain jealous…
imagen

Guru

Yes I plan … during week ? Talvez Viernes 8. Maio …(proxima Sab/Dom esa VOLTA Concourso)

1 Like

Update: No “one day trips” allowed before June 8th, meaning probably no activation of any ON summit before that date.

Tomorrow SP/BZ-040 is scheduled :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

A new chapter will open on Monday, May 11th in many regions of Spain regarding the lockdown conditions, which will allow SOTA activations within the province or isle of residence.
The following map shows the provinces or specific areas inside certain provinces starting Phase 1 on Monday, 11th of May:
imagen
The isle of Formentera in EA6 and the isles of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Graciosa in EA8, which were at Phase 1 since last May 4th, will still remain at Phase 1.
For a perfect understanding of which are the EA SOTA regions, see this map:

People having their residence in areas at Phase 1, will be allowed to drive their car as far as they remain always within the province or isle of residence and practise individual sports like mountaneering between 6h and 23h (local).

Starting Monday next week (May 11th), we shall expect activations from EA.

Following the key sentences in the BOE taking me to the conclusion that SOTA activations will be permitted in zones at Phase-1:

imagen

Guru

1 Like