Validity of SOTA activations in Spain during Covid-19 lockdown

Hi,
I have just read the BOE (No. 121 Friday, May 1, 2020 Sec. I. Page 30925). They continue to ignore the mountaineers :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:. Meanwhile we will continue practicing at home, whoever can, my friend Pepe Video
Un abrazo (virtual por supuesto)

Rules are for the guidance of wise men, and the obedience of idiots. Stay strong Jose, you’ll be free again soon!
73 Matt

1 Like

So now it’s time to plan for EA8/HI-001

Hi Erich,
I don’t think they will yet allow incoming flights at the Phase 1.
In case you are already in the isle of El Hierro, let me show you the 3 existing municipalities in the isle:
imagen
You’d have to carefully find out the conditions under which individual sport and movements are allowed in Phase 1. I don’t know them by heart right now.

Guru

I am near Frontera. Malpaso is only abt 1400 m on top of us. Distance in air abt 1 km on road 20 minutes…
Here lot people are out sport walking …

The summit just now cloudy

pICTURE WAS NOT SENT BY HANDY …

It looks like you will definitely be one of the few lucky SOTA activators meeting all conditions to carry out an activation. Enjoy this nice 10 pointer while we all remain jealous…
imagen

Guru

Yes I plan … during week ? Talvez Viernes 8. Maio …(proxima Sab/Dom esa VOLTA Concourso)

1 Like

Update: No “one day trips” allowed before June 8th, meaning probably no activation of any ON summit before that date.

Tomorrow SP/BZ-040 is scheduled :wink:

73, Jarek

1 Like

A new chapter will open on Monday, May 11th in many regions of Spain regarding the lockdown conditions, which will allow SOTA activations within the province or isle of residence.
The following map shows the provinces or specific areas inside certain provinces starting Phase 1 on Monday, 11th of May:
imagen
The isle of Formentera in EA6 and the isles of La Gomera, El Hierro and La Graciosa in EA8, which were at Phase 1 since last May 4th, will still remain at Phase 1.
For a perfect understanding of which are the EA SOTA regions, see this map:

People having their residence in areas at Phase 1, will be allowed to drive their car as far as they remain always within the province or isle of residence and practise individual sports like mountaneering between 6h and 23h (local).

Starting Monday next week (May 11th), we shall expect activations from EA.

Following the key sentences in the BOE taking me to the conclusion that SOTA activations will be permitted in zones at Phase-1:

imagen

Guru

1 Like