Updates to SOTAWatch3

Do you mean on each spot? Or once the dialog to add pops up? The former would require a lot of aggregation in the API that I’m not sure is so easily done, the latter is perhaps a bit easier.

Andrew

I cannot load any content at all - all I get is the same blank screen = on my older Iphone v7.1

And the same on my Ipad mini, V 9.3.6

David

I will need browser versions, not device versions to debug that.

Hi

I to have this issue.

I use iPad2 (manufacture 2012) with IOS 9.3.5 using the default Safari browser.

I get the same issue on the BlackBerry Q10 (manufacture 21/02/2013) software 10.3.3.3216 BlackBerry browser 10.3.3.16. ( A phone with a real keyboard )

The device software sets the browser on these devices, the browser is not independently upgraded.

I had resigned myself to the loss of SOTAWatch3 due to mismatch in software updates but most of the other WEB sites are fine. e.g. RSGB BBC ON4KST etc. I know the devices are a little old but are reliable at a hardware level.

The SOTAWatch3 issues started when the Reflector would not open from the links. Then I assume that the core SOTAWatch3 was updated because it stopped loading.

73 de

Andrew G4VFL

No ‘version’, of Safari - which is what I use on both devices - is listed on either Ipad-mini or on the Iphone.

From a brief google It appears that the version I gave you are also the same as the Safari version - but I may well have misunderstood the various answers I got from Google!

David

Maybe a problem with the TLS encryption not supported on those devices?

Surely there’s an updated version of Safari available? Or do Apple really just want you to buy a new phone every time the web updates standards? I’m targeting 2015 standard browsers with my builds.

Alternatively, can you install Chrome from the Apple Store (I guess not)

Yes, Apple would like you to buy new one but they do offer a generous £30 credit if the old iPad is in mint condition.

As for BlackBerry just buy an Android.

Looking on the forums about the iPad it would appear the issue starts when TLS 1.2 is used.

Some of the other parts of SOTA do work e.g. Summits.sota.org.uk but I guess these will be upgraded in due course.

At least I know the answer, but I don’t think I will be upgrading device for a while. The big issue is that the MTBF of hardware got better but the MTTO (Mean Time To Obsolescence) for software is getting shorter. As a consumer not good but what an opportunity for the sales teams !

73 de

Andrew G4VFL

I have an IPhone SE and Safari 13 it all works fine except the log icon is over the frequency making it hard to read.
Jeff K6QCB

OK, I’ve pushed something now that might help.

1 Like

Andrew.

I’ve only just had a chance to check it out with my Ipad mini & old iphone. I can now see the Reflector but still no ability to place alerts or spots… It looks like I may be buying a newer version of the Ipad, and inheriting my wife’s much more recent Iphone.!!

…or download a newer browser.

1 Like

Hi David @M6GYU
Did you try to log on ?
73 Éric

Hi Eric

No I didn’t - as by default my Ipad-mini normally logs me on automatically. I assume it makes a difference? I’ll try to logon later this evening.

Merci.
David.

Ge David
I say that because I’m using Safari on my iPhone 7 and I’ve to log on some time :slight_smile:
73 Éric

Hi Jeff @K6QCB
Try to put your iPhone SE on landscape position, and you have room for other thing :+1:
73 Éric

1 Like

Andrew, I’ve altered this 3 times now to a 2 hour history (on my iPhone and Mac), but it seems to keep resetting to 12 hours. I’m afraid I haven’t noticed when this occurs (eg after logging out or after 24 hrs). I’ll pay more attention and try and get more info.
Is this as designed or a fault (either programme or user :wink:)?
Thanks

Probably a fault. I’ll take a look tomorrow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies.

Further updates today:

3 Likes