Unable to access SOTA database

SOTA Database, Christmas Day 2025Z Unable to access the SOTA Database, View Results, etc. Tried logging in a couple times, etc. Nothing urgent for me but thought I would let you know.
73!
Mike, WB2FUV

1 Like

Sorry but the DB was snoozing after far too big a Christmas Dinner. :slight_smile:

I made it some strong coffee and gave it some Gaviscon and should be ok now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick service Andy!
Enjoy the holidays.
73!
Mike, WB2FUV

1 Like

I have to make a confession Mike, normally I would never touch the DB / servers when I have had a drink. Today I have had one or two already but I thought what could possibly go wrong issuing a podman stop/podman start pair of commands to restart the container. I got away with it today. New year resolution is to really never touch the servers after a drink.

4 Likes

Problems again at the moment…

Logging in is fine but I cannot log any entries - the association list doesn’t have anything loaded into it. If I go to the summit listings it’s blank, and searching for a summit by reference on sotadata.org.uk just hangs.
Roll of honour is also blank, and just hangs trying to load.

Seems to be down for me also…Won’t let me submit an Activation log…

Pete
WA7JTM

Mad panic here, my chaser log is empty! Being a newbie it’s not too big a list. Or have I done something dumb and deleted the lot?

Any words of comfort or advice? Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Wait patiently until Andy @MM0FMF give the database server a kick. I am sure nothing is lost so no need to panic.

2 Likes

I also noticed that I’m unable to enter a chaser entry. It’s definitely the database server that needs a kick. I get the following error from the request that tries to get the associations for the form selection

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 20047 DBPROCESS is dead or not enabled [20047] (severity 1) [select AssociationID as id, AssociationCode as code, AssociationName as name from Associations order by AssociationCode] in /var/www/api/admin/associations:13
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/api/admin/associations(13): PDOStatement-&gt;execute()
#1 {main}
  thrown in <b>/var/www/api/admin/associations</b> on line <b>13</b><br />

Should be OK now. This was my fault… I was cleaning up multiple accounts and had a pending transaction waiting for me to commit it or roll it back and the phone went. Of course I forgot to finish what I was doing during the call and then took the dog for a walk leaving the DB locked to everyone but the admin :blush:

It should be working FB now.

7 Likes

Total success, thanks.

I should listen to Corporal Jones: “don’t panic, don’t panic”. (Dad’s Army , very funny comedy)