Two more mountain goats for Sigrid, DL2FAZ, and Harry, DF7FX

Dear all

I had in mind for a while that this could happen on the last weekend, during their short tour to HB9. But it took two additional days to choose the animals and bring them to their camping ground in the Black Forest. Congrats to Sigrid, DL2FAZ, and Harry, DF7FX, on a 5th mountain goat for each of them.

We had met Sigrid and Harry for the first time last year on Hohe Möhr, DM/BW-055, during the festival for the 125th anniversary of the Möhrenturm, a stone tower on top of this summit. It was their idea to visit us one year later and activate some of our “real” mountains together with us.

And this was a good idea. Sigrid and Harry enjoyed not only the touristic side of the tour, i.e. the beautiful views from Mount Pilatus and Mount Rigi. They also had a good workout on the alpine trails to collect 3 SOTA summits. They are modest and really friendly people, and we had a good time together on the summits, in the cable cars and on the steamboat.

Sigrid and Harry are back again in the Black Forest and in the Vosges just now, listening for all of us at home and on the summits.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

7 Likes

Congratulations Sigrid and Harry on your 5 X Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations Sigrid and Harry on your 5 X Mountain Goat.

Congrats, Sigrid, DL2FAZ, and Harry, DF7FX! Excellent achievements! Thanks for being so active! Cul!
73 de Rumen/LZ2AF

Congratulations, Sigrid and Harry on your SUPER AMAZING 5xMG!!!
Thanks for the 17 summits from which you let me chase you, Sigrid.
Thanks for the 20 summits from which you let me chase you, Harry, one of which was S2S.
I look forward to chasing you many ore times along your way to 6xMG.
73 to you both / 88 to you Sigrid,

Guru

[quote=“HB9DIZ, post:1, topic:21214”]
Congrats to Sigrid, DL2FAZ, and Harry, DF7FX, on a 5th mountain goat for each of them.
[/quote

Guru, did you read that well:
Congrats to Sigrid, DL2FAZ, and Harry, DF7FX, on a 5th mountain goat for each of them.

1 Like

Ha, ha, ha… it obviously looks like I didn’t read well, but it’s not exactly that. I did read well the amazing 5xMG achievement but I read it a couple of days ago IIRC and I wrote my post today after checking my log to find out the number of SOTA QSOs I had with them.
Since I’ve been recently posting to congratulate other activators for their 1st MG, it looks like I mixed the stories and callsigns up a bit apparently and forgot that Sigrid and Harry’s is a far greater achievement.
I will edit my post and do the corresponding amendments.
Thanks, Heinz, for letting me know.

Guru
Note: my previous wrong post has now been editted and properly corrected.

1 Like

Their club “Funkamateure e.V.” has published today a report about the tour of Sigrid and Harry to the Swiss Alps (in German):

> Über den Wolken (www.funkamateure.net)

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ