Twin paddle keys available now

If any SOTAists are in need:

Paddle keys for WRTC UK 2026 Available now (Other paddle keys are available elsewhere)

73 Phil G4OBK

Go ahead only if you want be be complicit in violating the licence terms set by the original creator of this paddle EA7HVO

The Creative Commons - Attribution licences requires that the original creator needs to be mentioned/attributed.

73 Joe

2 Likes

Hi Joe,
From the original announcement on the WRTC2026 Groups.io list it appears Filipe Lopes CT1ILT (CR6K) is credited as the designer:

WRTC UK 2026 LIMITED EDITION PADDLE KEY!
Launched TODAY and available NOW!
Each paddle key is serial numbered.
Celebrate this event - get the official paddle in the colours of the Union Jack!
Thank you Filipe Lopes CT1ILT (CR6K) for the design and working with us to bring this to the world!
Please see the merchandise page on the website for more details and to place your order by visiting the link below:

I’ve dropped Mark a note to look into this and add any “original design from” that may be needed in the description.
Ed.

2 Likes

Hello guys,

The key was based on EA7HVO design for sure, but completely redesigned to my own using FUSION 360, I also have a single lever version exactly built in FUSION 360. I have designed other 2 keys based on this design but they are completely different…

@OE5JFE you can read the terms of the key licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license:

You are free to:

1. Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially.
  2. Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
  3. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

No arm has been done. I have been inspired by the very FB job done by EA7HVO but this is a more solid version.

Filipe CT1ILT

1 Like

If you have questions/remarks you can surely email me, no problem

But in order for EVERYONE to be happy, I asked Pete to add “inspired by the work of EA7HVO”.

1 Like

And if you read the licence it says:

“Attribution — You must give appropriate credit , provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made . You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.”

IANAL but it looks like you need to say you took the EA7HVO design and enhanced it.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what we will add.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Filipe.

It was not ment to say that you did not make changes or improvements. But the origin is clearly visible and therefore the licences needs to be respected from my point of view.

I know that because I also did a remix of the original design in Fusion 360 too:
CW Paddle modified base (remix from EA7HVO) by OE5JFE - Thingiverse
It removes some visual issues and uses brass threaded inlets to hide the cables inside the 3dprint. And the base is modified to better fill for example with epoxy resis and coins (or lead speres or ball bearing) to increase the weight.
By using the remix-feature of thingiverse also the licences gets sets and the attribution to the original work is documented.

But everything is said now. I wish everyone a lot of fun with the 3D printed paddles. I think it shows nicely what can be done with 3D printing. And as it is for a good cause all good!

73 Joe

2 Likes

Joe,

Your key looks a little less ugly than the UK version. Well done.

Ron
VK3AFW