Turi HB9CEV is Switzerland's 49th SOTA Mountain Goat

Dear all

Success today for Arthur HB9CEV (we call him Turi locally): the activation of Riseten, HB/GL-047, put him over the edge to meet there his first SOTA Mountain Goat. Congrats Turi!

He is one of our experienced mountain hikers here in HB9 and a really friendly guy. I met him for the first time on a HB9SOTA winter group hike to Selibüel where we had our antennas (and the interferences, hi) beside each other. Turi was operating also for HB15SOTA this winter. He’s mainly a CW operator and has mastered well doing the ridge of voice QSOs in an enormous pile-up from a rare HB canton in winter conditions.

Enjoy your next SOTA tours, Turi, still that many summits here for you! I’m looking forward to a next S2S contact with you.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

12 Likes

CONGRATS Arthur!
73 and BAAA!

1 Like

Congratulations Arthur :+1: :goat:

Very good result in 23 months … nearly 9000 QSO :wink:

73 Éric

Congratulations Arthur on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Hello Arthur / Turi @HB9CEV.

Congratulations on your first mountain goat from me too. Have fun with the hobby and see you next time. Thank you for the s2s today.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

. . . check out his Goat log of today: 141 contacts! This goat must have been hungry at the end of the day! :wink:

73, DIZ

Hoi Turi

Ganz herzliche Gratulation auch von uns zum 1.Mountain-Goat-Titel :wave: :wave:
Und vielen, herzlichen Dank noch einmal für den “goldenen” Tipp mit der Doppelaktivierung Dent du Bourgo, HB/FR-024 und vom Le Van, HB/FR-022 - es war eine grandiose SOTA-Tour :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Weiterhin viel Freude und Erfolg und bis zum nächsten S2S :+1: :+1:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

Congratulations, Turi, on your 1st MG.
Thank you for so many SOTA QSOs.
Keep up the good work!

Guru

Congrats Arthur for your MG, well done!
Have fun and I hope for more S2S.

73 Stephan

Congratulations Arthur and thanks for all the qsos.

Nick G4OOE

Congrats on your MG, Arthur :champagne: :tada: :medal_military:
Thanks for the S2S-QSOs and hope for many more to come!
73, Roman

Dear all, dear Markus

thank you very much you for all the congratulations and all the QSOs the last two years. You have made it possible for me to reach this goal. I was very pleased to see all these entries, late last night.

I like mountain climbing, but also enjoy making long activation’s … Yesterday was a special day, in different senses. I activated the SOTA summit but also the HBFF-0239 reference. That always causes a very big pileup. This is a very good CW training … and you learn how to processing such a pileup.

I have added some impressions of my yesterday’s activation. On my way back, I also met a few Goats …

Thanks again and hopefully we will soon meet again on the air …

vy 73 HB9CEV / Arthur / Art / Turi …

6 Likes

Well done Arthur, and thanks for the tons of qsos and S2S 73 Fabio