Trying to contact VE7CQY: VE7 AM

David,
Emails from me to you seem to be disappearing. Can you email me at mm0fmf_sota AT intermoose.com (do the obvious to the AT)

I’ll delete this once I get in contact with David.

Thanks.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

You did try the NASOTA thing Andy?

I know, dumb question.

In reply to VA2SG:

Thanks, I did.

Still no reply or contact. I have a VE7 update (new summits) but without contact with the AM we can’t add these summits to the database and make them available.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
You can’t add them? Why not? He who invents the game gets to change the rules. How about this one: The MT gets to be interim AM whenever the current AM is temporarily unable to serve for illness or other good cause…such as the apparent case here. I tracked down this AM once before, on behalf of a VE7 activator, so I can vouch for the fact that this is the time to act.
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

In reply to K6ILM:

Unfortunately, SOTA is not catching in Canada, outside my VE2 area.

Don’t know why, but it’s obvious its not working here.

But this is a fun thing. I love hiking with the 817.

In reply to VA2SG:

Much depends on how much work/time the AM is able to devote to promoting the award (and how effective that promotion is). It also depends on how keen they are on doing activations to spread the word. It is also hard if they don’t have a small core of active people to help.

In some parts of the globe cultural differences might well limit uptake.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to K6ILM:

It’s not that I can’t add them it’s that there are other tasks still to be done by the AM. The AM is responsible for updating and maintain the association reference manual and any changes to summits. We have a file of new summits ready to be loaded but no updated ARM. No ARM… no update.

I could do the AM’s jobs here but that simply stops me doing something else. I only have so much free time that I chose to spend on amateur radio activities (SOTA & my local club) and so eventually when there are more tasks than time something has to give. Currently that’s a VE7 update which is very close to going live.

Which brings me back to being unable to contact our VE7 AM. If someone knows David and could let him know I am trying to contact him then it would be a great help.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’m delighted to say contact with David is now working, I have received an updated ARM and we have some updates for VE7 which will be actioned shortly.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Andy
MM0FMF