All packed and ready to go, but have been watching the weather forecasts and reports of terrible band condx. with growing dismay…
HF is sorted now, albeit with only 5W from the '817, so can use any band 80 - 10, and am taking an assortment of aerials. Also 2m with a SOTAbeam.
I will generally start each activation on 60m, unless it is obvious from local conditions that it would be fruitless in which case I will use whichever band seems to give the best chance of contacts. In desperation I will even go to 7032+/- or 30m on the key rather than fail to qualify a summit, but please bear in mind I am “CW dyslexic” when it comes to receiving and contacts may be a slow struggle, for which I apologise in advance.
A great many variables will govern what summits are done when, I will try and announce plans for forthcoming activations as they are developed, depending on what is possible. First (tentative) two are on the Alerts.
Looking forward to working as many of you as possible,
73 de G4MD