Trip to F/MC and Pamplona (and reports)

Mt. Ezkintza EA2/NV-148 is a very large garden (park) of a church, which provides not only very comfortable seating but also plenty of space to set up antennas.

Guru in action:

And yes - I had the coke… I was the driver :innocent:

73 Armin

5 Likes

Hi Armin @DL6GCA

What dictates your judgment ? :slightly_smiling_face:

-1 If it’s the peaks I completely agree with you :+1:

Pamplona : look at scale
Summits arround pamplona 30km
Bordeaux : look also at scale
Summits arround bordeaux 170km
It’s obvious and there is no doubt about it ! :+1:

-2 If it’s the quality of the wine, I don’t think so :rofl:

Bordeaux :

Pamplona :

Again it’s a matter of taste, the Coka I stopped a long time ago :yum:

-3 Like the rest, beauty remains very subjective !

Bordeaux :
It is a city which is nevertheless in the world heritage of Unesco :wink:

Pamplona :

Importantly, living in Pamplona costs 30% less than living in Bordeaux.

There are surely other elements of comparison, I stopped there !
I like to argue about choices and do not see any game on it :wink:

73, Éric

NB :
I am of Spanish origin and I love the life of this country :yum:

2 Likes

Hi Éric,
In a joking tone, I warned Armin yesterday that this type of comments may fire up the French-Spanish relationship… :wink:
We must keep in mind that there’s a lot of subjectivity when someone makes a decision about any preference and almost about anything.
Regarding wines, I used to drink and enjoy wines from Bordeaux when I was living in Michigan USA back in 1998-99. I ordered them because they tasted the most similar to the wines from my area (Navarra and Rioja) from all the options available in the restaurants I used to visit. The wines from Navarra and Rioja were not available in the “carte de vins” of those restaurants. The market share and prestige of the French wines internationally is far greater than Navarra and Rioja wines, but you know it’s sometimes a question of marketing.
However, during my time in Michigan, I remember also tasting wines from California, Chile, South-Africa and Australia, for instance and they all were very interesting wines.
Let me confess, that I found wine from Navarra in a supermarket not far from my QTH in Michigan, USA and that’s what I had at home :wink:

Guru

1 Like

“Dale limosna, mujer, que no hay en la vida nada, como la pena de ser, ciego en Granada”.

Sorry eric, there is no other city like granada.
We also put “tapa” with the beer.
tapa= small plate of food, I don’t know how it translates.

2 Likes

Hi Guru,
In joke tone also I don’t want to start off topic :wink:
I don’t particularly like Bordeaux but I like Rioja! I lived in Oceania for 4 years (2 in New Caledonia and 2 in Tahiti) and our choice at the time was for Chilean wine, even in brick, or Californian wine which took less time to reach these islands! French wine came by boat and overpriced.
I lived a long time also lived in Africa (+/- 8 years) and there it was the Portuguese wine (in Dame Jeanne [big bottle 20l ]) which had our choice. There was no other in the depths of the countries visited.

Helping José :
Tapas are small dishes that are prepared to accompany an aperitif, I knew the time when it was free (just to please customers and of course to make it consume more) but since the whole world is gone monopolized and unfortunately it pays off everywhere :pensive:

73, Éric

3 Likes

The trip is over and I arrived home safely. I unloaded, got everything ready to go again (after the trip is before the trip) and the first load is rotating in the washing machine.
Actually, I wanted to stay overnight on the way home and participate in the EU S2S event on HB/FR-036 today. But things turned out differently. As I had already left Pamplona at 5:30 local time, I was already in Geneva at 15:30. So I just continued my journey. Unfortunately, I needed 4 hours for the last 250 km on the motorway in Switzerland… (Traffic after work in Switzerland?)

Of course there were more summits than planned. (9 x F/MC-XXX; one on the way and 14 x EA2/NV-XXX)
It was an incredible journey and the impressions have to settle down first. I saw beautiful landscapes and met wonderful people in person. The highlights were the hikes F/MC-003 - F/MC-004 and EA2/NV-070 - EA2/NV-073, as well as the activation day with Guru and the conversations that went beyond amateur radio.
On the last evening there was a nice surprise: Guru, Ignacio and I had arranged a “last beer” together. And Ingnacio brought Jorge EA2LU with him!

The conditions from EA2 are already different from what they are here. You can almost forget the 40m band from late morning until early evening. Ignacio had already warned me about this.

I would also like to thank the loyal chasers. Some callsigns are in my log almost every day.

73 Armin

…let’s see where it goes next… :wink:

7 Likes

Hello Armin, Hello Guru,
Thank you for the reports and nice pictures of your activities
in F / MC and EA2 / NV.
Part of it brings back memories of my Camino de Santiago, which came to me from France
across the Western Pyrenees to Pamplona and on to Logrono and Santiago. Back in 2015/16 without radios, as there was already enough to haul.
I say a big thanks for the QSO’s and hope to hear from you again soon.
Best 73 ’
Paul DL6FBK

3 Likes