Trans-Pacific S2S QSO Party 17 April 2021 2100-2300z

I just looked at VK2IO as an example. In the database, go to view results, then summit to summit roll of honour, then all VK, then click on his log. His easternmost NA was Utah.

EL

2 Likes

Don’t give up hope, east-coasters! I’m not an activator, but have been very successful chasing USA east-coast activators via 20 mtr long path. The peak time is rather sharp @ 20-21Z, and really only works for 30 & 20 mtrs, so you can be sure we VK’s are giving special attention to SOTAWATCH during that time period.

1 Like

I was called by VK2DAG long path on 20M at 1323Z when I was on a peak in upstate New York. (20-21Z is short path on 20M between VK and US east coast)

73, Barry N1EU

I made the first VK to USA east coast S2S in 2017 on 20m SSB and that was at 2033z. There are very few activations that time of day being just after dawn so one really needs to stay overnight on the summit as I did on that occasion. In last week’s event I started operating one hour later than that so perhaps east coast contacts had been filtered out unknowingly. Be great to make the trip again so note to self - start earlier :slight_smile:
73, Gerard - VK2IO

1 Like

Good info guys. Thanks.