Trans-Atlantic S2S QSO Party Autumn 2019 (Nov. 2nd).

Just setting my start time back an hour to take the most hideous part of the hideous weather out of the equation. :grin: I think 13:00z will be early enough.

Edit: Latest forecasts have the rain arriving a little later, so looks like we will be getting wet. :frowning:

2 Likes

Did not hear any European stations in California on 14 MHz around 15-16 UTC for last few days. My chance is very low.

1 Like

The forecast has just updated with the rain coming earlier, persisting til later and more of it in between. Any DX S2S will be well deserved today, certainly from any UK activators.

1 Like

Dry so far but low cloud.

Forecast looks manageable.

Current view on way up LD-013

1 Like

Rather undry here. QRV soon.

7 Likes

OMG
My first Trans Atlantic Sota in 2 years and under me new 2E licence well chuffed with that.

20m is doing well into SV HA and OE on 20m today.

Shame storm Pedro stopped me going up Kitt hill day, Illogan recorded gusts 133mph as hitting 85 here 5am further up the coast and me wire antennas still up there as were well exposed here.

A well happy Cornish station.

2E0FEH

4 Likes

WA7JTM/ Pete Glad you did. Heard you and did not want to interfere with s2s ctcs for you
but had to throw my call in there and work you for the points.
Thanks for the activation. Tell the MRS I am thankful…
de John Paul // AB4PP

1 Like

Tnx John…a number of EU into AZ today…quite a few s2s…still on summit but quiet now.

Pete
WA7JTM

2 Likes

Tried many times to call you for S2S Pete @WA7JTM

Try now on 14.057?

1 Like

Not much left on 20m CW and SSB - so, it’s FT8 time. Let there be DX…

1 Like

Mixed results on my side. Very good cond on 20 in EU.

I got Rich N4EX in the log and heard Mike NS1TA with 51 with some QSB. But I guess the 5 Watt on my side were not enough for a SSB QSO. I heard Mark M0NOM/P work him S2S and UK chasers manage as well. Too bad that I didn’t manage.
TODO: Buy 30 Watt china amp from ebay :wink:

73 Joe

5 Likes

Returned at home now from I/LO-222.
Cloudy and foggy day with 5 celsius.
Good prop in 20 mt to North America.
28 qsos
10 qsos with North America cheasers
2 qsos with s2s North America activators USA and Canada

Now I rest, I give you more information later.

Tnx at All
Roberto

8 Likes

Looks like I packed up way too early but decided to do so as I had a fairly long drive home and some technical problems.

What was that contest on 20m SSB? Lots of contest activity, unfortunately often on SOTA activators spotted frequencies.

Managed 24 x 40m contacts in 12 minutes at the start of my activation but 20m didn’t go as well for me.

Some rain but not too bad.

Total 29 contacts - 5 of them S2S (only within Europe).

Full report with pictures in a couple of days.

Thanks and well done to all who took part - 73 Ed.
My report

4 Likes

Due to announced rain showers on DM/BW-228 I changed the summit last minute to DM/BW-099 which was a good choice. The weather was windy but dry.
Unfortunately had to change the antenna as well due to restricted space on the new summit.
The equipment was KX3 @ 10 Watts and end fed vertical dipole directly at the edge with a clear view from 270 to 360 degrees.

Condx on 20m were pretty good with SFI = 11 and k = 0
Ukrainian DX contest caused some QRM but could have been worse.
Made 31 CW QSO, thereoff 13 x NA chasers, 9 S2S from that were 3 with NA activators.

Full report will follow…

Tnx to all! Hope you had fun.
73, Roman

6 Likes

Hallo

Last week I built a delta loop for 20m, which I wanted to compare with the vertical, which I usually use.

The whole week I was unsure (about the weather) - if I participate at all. The weather forecast was different every day… Yesterday it still looked like rain and storm …
This morning, a rain gap was announced and I went… with my KX2 and the Vertical with a single radial.

During this time (12:56 -14:08 UT) I got 5 US stations - NS1TA was my S2S. Condx were not so bad. Unfortunately, LU/HB9BHU/P and VE2DDZ did not hear me … both were workable at my side.

I left the delta loop in the car, it was too windy. … and I was lucky - it started to rain, as I reached the car.

73 Armin

5 Likes

All I can say is Wow! What a fantastic day!

Report to follow probably.

I an a very happy amateur radio enthuiast tonight! Oregon was a new one for me :slight_smile:

My favourite photo from.today.

73, thanks to all the chasers, some superb ops.

Colin

11 Likes

You are hard core Tom! Glad to make the S2S with you today. My conditions were quite a bit drier than yours!
Mike NS1TA

3 Likes

Hello Mike,

Could you share your setup please? How much power do you use?
I could hear you in OE but not the other way around.
Thanks everyone for taking part.

73 Joe

2 Likes

Well what a day AND propagation was good to HA OE and SV as well on 20m. 12 Sota’s contacted today and10 on 20m :-0 Prop gods smiled on us today :slight_smile:

Best best result of all just checked me Mountain Hunter award and i have gone Platinum possible thanks to the two NA Sota,s I reached today. Must been couple years since last reached any NA Sota’s.

God damn happy with that

Just a shame we had that storm raging through peaking 133mph in place not far from us and was peaking 80+ here on top of this exposed part of town and me antennas still in air working. Other wise would been good day to test out the inverted HB V res 40/20m DP and 80m L/coils antenna.

2E0FEH karl SW UK Kernow

8 Likes

Looks like I wkd 12 EU stations but only 7 were s2s. Total contacts 40 ish. Will figure it all out maybe tomorrow.

The QRM was really tough on my end…I could hear multiple EU stations calling but it seemed like they were all the same signal strength.

Looks like overall the conditions may have been better last year.

Anyhow still tons of fun!

Thaks to all

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A/MN-119

6 Likes