Trans-Atlantic S2S QSO Party - 3 November 2018

Yes, TW-003, Only Holland comes flatter!! My HB1-B only does CW although I can listen to SSB. I only use CW really Ed. No offense ! :wink:

Heading out in 15 minutes. Should be on the air by about 1330z.
Good luck evrryone.

Malen
VE6VID

1 Like

Also heading out. QRV from Richtberg, OE/OO-293 around 1315Z.
I hope for some S2S!

73 Heinz

I just made a last minute decision to drive into France.

Alert set:
F/DK9JC/P on FL/VO-048 - 14.275-ssb +/- QRM 1300 UTC

One advice. On 20m please choose a QRG above 14.225 MHz. If you have a General class license only in the US you can not go lower in the SSB part of the band.

73 de DK9JC

antenna setup has begun on OE/OO-330 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No activation here today, WX too severe, itā€™s raining sideways :frowning:

No S2 contacts for me. :frowning:

Malen
VE6VID

Iā€™ll do a write up shortly, but Iā€™m back from the non-stop rain and gusty winds on G/LD-050. A last minute decision resulted in me leaving my mobile home so not much chance of being chased by calling CQ blindly. I did have an emergency phone that can send to the SMS gateway but that didnā€™t seem to be working either. Intermittent power issues but the antenna did a good job, only collapsing once.

Had a nice chat with a few folk on 40m then when I clipped to 20m did manage a S2S with @YO8SEP on YO/EC-044 then I got WW1USA in the log before packing up! Transport to the summit base was a motorbike, so the tumble dryer is currently in overtime!

Cheers, Mark. M0NOM

My activation aws also not as successful as I had hoped - that contest plus the fact that a lot of m,y spots didnā€™t get out until I switched cell service (I have a dual SIM phone but Internet can only run on one at a tim). Vodaphone showed 4G but spots didnā€™t get through. Telekom showed 3G and worked fine.

I actually spent more time explaining what I was doing to visitors than actually being able to operate. At the end 40m brought a good bunch of contacts including two (EU) S2S contacts until a kid start deliberatelt kicking the guy peg for the antenna which then dropped. This was after the parent had already said donā€™t do that. The experience with other visitors (young and older) was a lot better though. I haerd a few US and canadian stations but none portable and none heard me.

Anyway report at dd5lp.com in a few days.

Ed.

Log:

I had hoped to go to the Zirbitzkogel for this event, but the forecast suggested some strong winds so I stayed local and activated the Schƶckl. That was probably a good decision as the winds were light and the sun even came out at one point:

I had a perfect take-off to the NW, and conditions had improved just enough to yield a handful of NA contacts and 2 S2S (thanks Barry and Peter)

I even got 2 NA contacts on 15m, but Iā€™m sure others will have done better. Seems like a better day than last year.

73 de OE6FEG / M0FEU
                 Matt

P.S. Iā€™m having trouble uploading my chaser file, is anyone else?

Possibly due to the ongoing upgrade.

2 Likes

Yes - me too - I only had one to upload however, so just switched to the manual process. :yum:

I need to check the reflector more often because I had no idea this was happening today. I guess that explains why there were so many EU stations on the air.

I could hear several EU activators and worked a few EU chasers, but no EU S2S with my measley 5 watts.

-Doug, ND9Q

I managed to get my 40/20 EFHW about 30ft above the summit at W2/GC-026 and oriented toward EU. It was definitely tough going on ssb and only managed a few ssb S2S with my KX2 but had much better luck on cw. The level of participation over in EU seemed very good and was much appreciated. I fear that it was a bit lopsided, with many fewer NA activators(?). 17M seemed to have better propagation than 20M, but not much activity.

I managed 32 S2S contacts on 28 unique summits, 22 in EU and 6 in NA. Thanks to these stations for S2S: 9A/E70AA, 9A6CW, DL4TO, DL6GCA, G4OOE, G8CXK, HB9BIN, HB9DBM, HB9DST, HB9EKO, HB9EWO, HB9GKP, HB9TVK, LB8CG, LZ1GJ, LZ1WF, M6GYU, MW0XOT, OE5AUL, OE5EEP, OE5YYN, OE6FEG, OE9HRV, S58R, K4LPQ, KR7RK, ND9Q (2 summits), VE2DDZ, WA7JTM

73 Barry N1EU

5 Likes

I logged 16 total, 5 US (N4EX, AA1VX, K1RO, KD1CT) and one in Canada (VE2JCW) on 20m SSB from FL/VO-048 ā€œGrand Wintersbergā€ . Not too bad. Used 40W, 10m mast, FT-891 and a hombrew EFHW with 1:49.

Thank you to all who gave me a call.

1 Like

same error here

Already uploaded mine, no problems.

FYI weā€™re talking about problems with the chaser (S2S) log file upload, not the activator log file upload. Iā€™ve started a new reflector thread on the problem to keep this thread here centered on the S2S QSO Party.

Roman

Just noticed your Avatar is a very nice key I used a lot on board ship and shore stations when I was in the Royal Navy. Just about the best morse key Iā€™ve ever used. Sadly they always seem to fetch Ā£100 or more on E-Bay.

ff

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 100 replies.