Tragedy on Red Screes (G/LD-017)

1 Like

Tanned in the leathery sense, and ripped in the torn-to-bits sense.

Donā€™t rule out the hallucinogenics, you might need them - especially if you catch sight of Andy leaving the shower :rofl:

Noooo!:scream:

:muscle: The Patterdale MR story will be on iPlayer not my ripped and tanned body. :muscle:

Tragic, but mixing Covid into this? For everybody supporting lockdown I have no doubt every one of you is taking cardiovascular exercise and proper diet very seriously.

The advice you were given is same as I received after a not so mild heart attack. When I have been in winter weather post heart attack I find the advice was proper. Now, add to cold the elevation, I often visit a friends cabin at the 7000ft altitude and oxygen depletion becomes a factor as well. Cold weather at higher elevations is a double cardiac risk. That said - we all have to manage our own risks, it is very Darwinian.

1 Like

If they had not broken the travel restrictions, no MR would have been called. And thus no accident to the MR team member.

Yes we know accidents can happen to anyone at anytime. But in this case a person suffered life changing injuries (severe facial fractures and a spinal injury which is life changing) as a result of having to go to the rescue of someone who should not have been where they were.

Yes, it could have happened at any other time, place or incident. But it didnā€™t. It happened because two people were breaching the restrictions.

That to me is a pretty damming connection.

David

5 Likes

Now it is being reported that the injured MR member may spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair :rage:

1 Like

There is now the Chris Lewis Support Fund via Just Giving, if anyone wants to contribute. Over Ā£460,000 raised so far. UK taxpayers please consider using Gift Aid to boost the gift by 25%.

1 Like

Direct link here to the Just Giving page, to save searching the news sites:

https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/Chris-Lewis-Support-Fund-LDSAMRA-Patterdale-MRT

3 Likes

or one of those funhouse wavy mirrors!

https://www.cwherald.com/news/outpouring-of-support-for-chris-lewis-humbling-as-patterdale-mountain-rescue-fund-hits-730000/

3 Likes

The fund for Chris Lewis now stands at Ā£825,000.

3 Likes

Chris Lewis, the Patterdale MRT member who fell and was badly injured back in Feb 2021, died on September 4 2023.

2 Likes

R.I.P. Chris. Paul. M0CQE.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this news, Andy.
What a very sad outcome.
Rod

2 Likes